A Coaching Model Created by Stacey Wallaberger
(Retail Coach, SWITZERLAND)
Where are you as the client today?
What can you do to drive yourself from A to B to Z? There are many forms of transportation facilitating movement from a starting point to a designated destination, each a special journey of discovery along the way. Coaching is a very effective modus, as you will personally be working on improving yourself with your coach, who is on your side, supporting and cheering you on.
Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Discovering that you want more, possibly not knowing exactly how or what it is. Acknowledging a need for change; be it personal or professional. Knowing we need change, simply thinking we have the answer but are fearful to take that first step forward, feeling vulnerable.
Vulnerable due to the breaking away from our norm, afraid we may shame ourselves in front of others or internally, by wanting, admitting or needing change.
The first step is listening, reacting, responding to your need and then researching into the, ‚how am I going to do it?’
- Finding the correct person who empathetically supports you on your journey
- Looking for the right coach and making contact
- Acknowledging, reacting and follow through all takes courage
My credo to you / what you can expect from me:
During the ‚Discovery Session’ we will have the opportunity to engage and see if there is empathy, competence and trust between you and myself.
- All sessions including the ‚Discovery Session’ are confidential
- I will adhere to the ICF* competences, these will be explained in detail to you
- The coaching contract will be discussed
- Explore what it is you wish to reach in an open manner with no judgement
What I expect from you
Your reaction, willingness to be honest, open and to make the decision either to commit to, or refuse the support offered by me.
After initiating the motivation to continue, we will commence and establish the following. Initiation works on two levels, yours and mine:
During the sessions:
- I will be totally non-judgmental
- My time is 100% your time, it is your agenda
- I will listen fully to what is being and not being said
- I will not give you any advice; only ask relevant questions
- You will bring the topic/goal to the session
- You will explore the topic with deeper self-honesty and trust,
- It will be your commitment that will be the catalyst propelling forward movement during the journey to reach your goals
To move towards verification I will:
- Ask powerful open questions, challenging what you are saying
- Mirror back what you have just said
- Focus and build on the positive
- Offer you the option of using specific tools (if necessary)
Verification works on many levels, you will be working towards the outcome:
- By verbalising your thoughts,
- Zooming out and assessing at the bigger picture
- Addressing your values
- Challenging your beliefs
- Exploring different avenues
In order to evolve and develop the process of evolution within your self I will offer you:
- Acknowledgment for your efforts
- Work on actions contracted by you
- Inspire you to reach your wish
- Be the person you are accountable to
- Be there to support you, as I am in your court
You will evolve and reach your destination by:
- Developing clarity and understanding
- Reframing your beliefs
- Consciously working towards your goals one step at a time
- Being open and honest towards yourself
- Holding yourself accountable
- Implementing your goal and investing the energy into that change
Only by developing a new self-awareness and addressing our goals can we achieve a better knowledge of where we want to go in our lives, be it personal or professional. It is only through positive energy and understanding our beliefs better, can we transport ourselves from A to B to Z! My coaching style is to be the supporter and mirror, championing you on from the sidelines helping you move from A to Z finally reaching your destination.