When coaching was a new profession, it was perfectly acceptable to simply call yourself a coach. But today the coaching profession is well developed across many industries and professions around the globe and the need to specialize and showcase your uniqueness is increasing.
One of the elements of our training that we are most proud of is that we teach our students to develop their own Coaching Portfolio - which includes their own unique coaching model. We look at your background, how it intersects with coaching and how it can be blended with coaching and then ask you two specific questions
- who do you want to coach?
- how do you want to coach?
This information is then used to help you create your own unique coaching model. Your model will
1. Draw on your skills, knowledge or experience
2. Be integrated with one or more coaching related philosophies or influences
3. Showcase who you are as a coach, and what makes you unique
4. Communicate the problems you will help solve and the change you will facilitate.