A Coaching Model Created by Wathenia Gabbard
(Relationship Coach, UNITED STATES)
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates
Socrates believed that the purpose of human life was personal and spiritual growth. We are unable to grow toward greater understanding of our true nature unless we take the time to examine and reflect upon our life. As another philosopher, Santayana, observed,
He who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it.
Examining our life reveals patterns of behavior. Deeper contemplation yields understanding of the subconscious programming, the powerful mental software that runs our life. Unless we become aware of these patterns, much of our life is unconscious repetition.
What is Coaching?
The coaching process begins with an agreement between the coach and an individual who is seeking the support of a coach.
Within this the roles, responsibilities, expectations are put into place.
An agreement between two or more people or organizations in which they promise to do something.
P – Powerful Questions
A – Active Listening
C – Creating Self Confidence
T – Telling Your Truth
- Powerful Questions carry within them the power of reason that expands an inner strength to create a life, a future that is worth living
- Powerful Questions can be measured by the impact it has on the listener
- Powerful Questions are fundamental to all human creativity and willful living
- Validates the listener
- Gives attention to the listener
- Encourages the feelings process
- Creates communication connection
- Provides direction
Creating where you have been and who you once were, where you are and who you are now, where you desire to be and who you desire to become.
Evaluating what is most important to you, your passions and purpose.
Understanding the people that will support you in your process and understanding who will stop you in your process.
Analyzing the time you wish to accomplish your desired outcome.
Applying action, doing what will lead you to where you wish to be. Systems and structures are created.
- Active Listening acknowledges, conveying regard for the other person efforts.
- Active Listening encourages, revealing that you are interested and want to hear more.
- Active Listening responds, paraphrasing a statement and drawing out the useful content and shifts perspective, so what I heard you say is - if I heard you correctly.
- Reduces misunderstandings
- Intensifies conversation
- Facilitates focus
- Improves relationships
- Minimizes anxiety
Success is planned by settings goals that inspire and motivate achievement.
Observation of thoughts and feelings in present experience without judging them good or bad.
Letting go of attachment for outside answers and the need to measure yourself or others.
Communication is the foundation in creating trust. Trust is present in every choice of action.
Every action, every word, every human creation begins first in thought.
- Creating confidence practices genuineness, manage inner processes, fully present in each moment of thought, feeling and physical responses of outward experience.
- Creating confidence allows freedom, be courteous and attentive to self diversity of thoughts and feelings being relaxed in questioning the self.
- Creating confidence grows self value include personal strengths, traits, talents, personality, qualities and skills at points of choice
- More happiness
- Social ease
- Increased performance
- Greater success
- You can be yourself
Visualize goal create new actions that support efforts – Daily Success Habits Worksheet
Fantasize all possibilities and full state of potential – Self – Care Check In Worksheet
Prioritize commitment and levels of importance – Personal SWOT Analysis Worksheet
Vocalize inner gremlins that will stretch beyond comfort zone – Expand Your Mind Worksheet
Harmonize past , present and future states of self – Daily Gratitude Diary Worksheet
- Telling your truth, gives permission to the inner ability in understanding the whole self.
- Telling your truth, accepts progress of empowerment that leads to experience individual elements of the whole self.
- Telling your truth, allows a transition space to choose aspects of improvement
- Genuine love of self and others
- Healthy growing relationships
- Experience the true you
- Authentic happiness
- Dare to dream
Establish direction that defines the personal meaning of success.
Explore personal character traits and attributes that explain what is important.
Magnify Learning Style
Expand skills and strategies that support personal development.
Design Wheel of life
Seek self awareness, know the individual optimum self and the individual authentic self.
Focus on building a strong personal foundation that will support personal growth.
This is Coaching
When someone cares enough to ask Powerful Questions, Actively Listens to our story and meets us right where we are it Creates Self – Confidence and opens the door to Telling Our Truth and Living a Life that we once only dreamed of!