A Coaching Model Created by Kincso Biro
(Leadership Coach, GERMANY)
Introducing the TRACE Coaching Model
My TRACE Coaching Model
Is all about YOU
In fact, it puts YOU into the centre of the whole process
It is all about “tracing” YOUR own awareness, wisdom and will to find YOUR unique solutions
So that you can unlock YOUR true potential
YOU in the Center:
- Having worked in marketing for over 15 years, I know how to put clients into the centre of all processes
- As a marketer, I have asked questions from and listened to thousands of consumers all over the world to better understand their issues, challenges, needs and wants to offer them solutions accordingly
- This time, however, I won't provide you with the solution instead I will support and challenge you to “trace” your own unique solutions
What are YOUR goals, objectives and targets?
In this phase, we will look at your goals, objectives and targets. I would like to understand your needs, wants and readiness. I will help you to clarify your overall goals, your performance goals and to set your SMART objectives you can take full ownership of.
- What would be an inspirational goal for you?
- How does that look/feel/ sound like?
- What would a successful outcome look like to you?
- What do you need to have achieved this outcome?
- What milestones can you identify? What are their timeframes?
What is YOUR current reality?
In this phase, we will look at your current situation, your current reality as objectively as possible. I will challenge you to expand your understanding of you and your situation and to broaden our perspective. Raising your level of awareness will help you to find later the best possible solution.
- How important it is for you?
- What is the real challenge here for you?
- What is standing in your way?
- Who else might be involved/affected?
- What impact does it have on you?
What alternatives do YOU have?
In this phase, we will look at your options and will generate as many alternatives as we can. I will challenge you to expand beyond your current thinking. I will help you to find the best criteria you can measure your solutions against if that is needed.
- What could you do?
- How could you improve the situation?
- What else could you do?
- Who do you know would be good at this? What would the do?
- What could help you with this?
What actions are YOU willing to commit to?
In this phase, we will work on your best way forward. I will challenge you to come up with a detailed action plan you are ready to commit to. We will look into what resources or support system you need to really make it happen, and we will define what could you do in case you face obstacles.
- What will you do next?
- How / When will you do it?
- What do you need in order to really make it happen?
- How committed are you to do it?
- What can stand in your way to do it?
How are YOU progressing?
In this phase, we will evaluate how well your outcome works for you. You can rehearse your solution/action in the session, but you can also try it in real life. Once it is done, we will look into what works and what might need further improvement. And most importantly will celebrate your successes!
- Imagine you do …. How does it work for you? How does it make you feel?
- What has happened since we last spoke?
- What worked? / What did not work?
- Where are you proud of? / What could you further improve?
- What enabled you to get this far?