A Coaching Model Created by Ju Yang
(Life Coach, SWITZERLAND)
As a coach, I focus on working with my clients to better adapt to and thrive in this fast-changing society. Any successful organization regularly reviews its corporate strategy to ensure its success. An individual, to fulfil his/her life the maximum within the mature period 50-60 years, also needs a life strategy, reviewed regularly and adjusted to the rapidly changing environment.
Explanation with Visual
Above is a visual representation of life coaching.
- At the bottom, the emotion icon and “value” sign mean that any individual lives his/her life according to their value. Our values are often the underlying reasons when we react emotionally. We get upset and feel the danger when we feel our value is being violated. We are satisfied and feel safe when we feel our value is being validated by the world surrounding us;
- The icon in the lower middle line represents an individual. Each individual, regardless of gender or personal situation, has the desire and capability to live a happy life according to his/her own definition;
- In the upper-middle line, the flower and tree represent life opportunities. From time to time different opportunities show up in our lives. The stone represents obstacles and challenges in our life;
- The sun at the top represents the ideal status an individual seeks, i.e., the life happiness. The sun can be smaller or brighter, depending on the capability of each individual. But the bottom line is that each individual will design his/her own sun, while walking down the path of life, taking the opportunities and overcoming the challenges;
- The blue curve represents the life path. It is deliberately drawn as not straight. Instead, it circumvents the challenges, sometimes we choose to take or not to take the opportunities presented to us. Life path is not a straight line up towards the sun, instead, it may go back and forth
The visual graphics also show the importance of identifying the emotions and values of the clients. The life coaching model presented does not only focus on the lines above the individual but also below the individual, i.e., the not-so-explicit emotions and values, which normally play an important role to define our life path.
It is also important to note, the emotions and values are not static, they actually shift based on our life experience. Sometimes the sun is being redefined due to the shift of values. In different stages of our life, we may have different values and different purpose.
Obstacles and opportunities are common in our life. Sometimes during life coaching, it is important for the clients to identify what are opportunities presented and what are the challenges. These are the dotted connections, or milestones, for each person’s unique life path.
Life strategy is the choices we make and actions we take, based on the underlying values, in pursuit of defined future goal after considering opportunities and challenges presented. The coach will need to work with the clients to identify all different components and see how each specific matter fit into his/her own life strategy.
Stone, online pictures, http://pngimg.com/uploads/stone/stone_PNG13603.png
Value, online pictures, http://www.picpedia.org/highway-signs/images/value.jpg