A Coaching Model Created by Florina Cristina Schiopu
(Transformational Coach, GERMANY)
Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end… because in the end, it shows you a whole new world! Make an attempt.- Manoj Arora
The coaching model is a transition model designed to empower you, as a client, to lose/ let go of the comfort zone, conquer your fears, to use your experience to achieve clarity and courage to live your dreams, set your desired goals, make decisions accordingly and conquer your objectives.
What is the TAKE THE LEAP coaching story?
We are created with the ability to learn throughout our life. Since the day we are born we learn new things with the help of all our senses and use what we learn to go on, to reach new heights, to progress.
Whenever I watch a toddler starting to walk I remember that in the process, s/he needs to let go of fear, take courage, and grow. What is remarkable is the fact we eventually tend to forget how many times we have fallen and how many times we have cried, however, what is true is that we stood up and walked further.
Along our life journey, our path is influenced by parents, family, teachers, friends, mentors, role-models. Whatever is the stage that we may find in our life, we all want to grow, live our dreams; we want all to be involved in something meaningful.
Consciously or not we are driven through learning to find our purpose, the reasons that make us get up in the morning.
However comfort or fear can hold us back from moving forward.
What is the role of coaching in self-growth?
What I love about the coaching process is that it starts from the same premises listed above that we are all resourceful individuals with knowledge and experience acquired through our life until the present.
Coaching is the vehicle that enables us to move towards action instead of going back to what we know to what feels safe and comfortable.
Starting the coaching journey, you can explore how you look at the world, what inspires you; you can achieve clarity and you can understand what ideas or thoughts might be blocking our progress. You will begin to see and think through things in a clearer and more balanced way:
- Where am I now?
- Where do I want to be?
- How can I get there?
The coaching space is set for you to explore the many perspectives that you experience in life, to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that you already have, to discover the answers within yourself. Simply by speaking about something aloud, you will identify your values or beliefs that you are committed to, you will find new ways how to take the leap and move ahead.
Lose/ Leave/ Let Go
Once we have decided to leave our comfort zone, we start to lack-confidence. Consciously or unconsciously we bring significance to our experiences and emotions.
During the coaching process, you will recognize how you apply significance to the events in your lives and how you can make positive shifts by bringing lightness to what you do.
Some challenging question that will support us in shifting the energy:
- What could be fun about this situation?
- Let’s just assume for a moment that the worst thing that could happen has already happened what will you do now?
Exploring through coaching means examining the source of our energy and how to work with it. Our beliefs and values define or influence how we live and coaching can bring these to life by understanding their impact on our life:
- What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
- What is it that you're deeply passionate about?
- What are your natural gifts/ talents?
- Which are the areas that interest you?
- What do others see in you?
- What is your reaction when faced with a demand or a challenge?
Living in trust gives us a sense of confidence and security that brings freedom to our lives.
Creating change and moving toward transformation requires that one must first gain a deep awareness of what is most important.
By building self-awareness and self-trust you can create a powerful platform for sustainable personal and professional growth:
- If you could design your life with no restrictions, how would you spend your time?
- What do you most want to accomplish?
- What might keep you from getting where you want to go?
- What would it feel like to completely trust you right now?
- What resources do you have access to?
- How confident are you in your ability to succeed?
- How’s your experience today getting you closer to what you want for yourself?
We acquire great learnings as we move through the exploration process; however, the action is needed to create change in our lives. Most people know what they need to do but not acting on that knowledge prevents them from accomplishing their ambitions. Action leads to results. With every single action and by being accountable to ourselves, we build our self-trust:
- What is the one single thing you will do differently from today to move the needle for the whole?
- What is one step you could take right now that would indicate you were moving forward?
- Which elements do you want to focus/ work on?
- What support do you need?
- How do you feel about your progress?
By taking the value of coaching into your life, you will be able to extend permanently your growth zone. You will eventually set new goals and your most important dreams will be within reach.
ICA Power Tools: Lightness vs. Significance, Trust vs. Doubt, Commitment vs. Trying, Action vs. Delay