A Coaching Model Created by Rebecca Macfarlane
(Professional Coaching, UNITED STATES)
Turning Stones Coaching and Consultancy
Our biggest stumbling blocks in life are really just stepping stones in disguise. If we turn them over, and line them all up, they can take us anywhere we want to go!
The Seven STEPPING Stones to your Success, through Coaching:
Structures help us feel safe and give us freedom to trust each other.
- Setting some structures in place at the very beginning is essential to a good coaching relationship.
- The main structure we’ll set up is a coaching contract which will help us know exactly what to expect from one another.
- Other structures we’ll look at setting up include things like undertaking training or assessments to give us a foundation to start your growth (like the Myers Briggs, Strengths Finder 2.0, 360 degree feedback, etc.)
- Importantly, we’ll also work on setting very specific goals to give us a framework and focus for our coaching sessions.
- We’ll take some time to get to know each other.
- I’ll make sure I do what I say I’m going to do, right from the start. You can trust I will show up, be prepared, and be focused on you at every session. You should be, too!
- We’ll also start working on building your trust in yourself through small commitment and trust exercises.
- We’ll work on making sure you believe in yourself by reflecting and celebrating your successes.
- There will be some small steps we’ll take right at the beginning, and they may not all go quite to plan, or may feel rather scary.
- When you get frustrated or discouraged, I’ll be there to remind you of your goals and the progress you’re making
- This is also important because coaching is a learning process. Real learning comes from correcting our path, not just getting what we want! I’ll keep encouraging you to LEARN, not just succeed.