How can we use AI in parent coaching?
It takes a whole village to raise a child. Ashanti proverb
The goal of this paper –as mentioned above, to move the use of AI from organizations into parent coaching area. Using the principles of AI and its methodology would help the coach and the client move in positivity shoes on a creative journey for sustainable solutions. The use of four-D model in parent coaching can be explained as:
finding out what is currently working. In this phase the questions used are;
- What is currently giving life to parents?
- What is currently giving life to our family?
- What is great about our family?
- What is working in our family?
- What s working with our children?
Helping parents articulate a clear vision of a- what it is they want and to feel the positive emotions and qualities that living in that preferred future with their children would evoke.
The questions can be asked as
- What about the happy times would you bring into the future?
- If you could communicate with yourself and your family members five years in the future, what would they say?
- As a family, if you could have three wishes, what would they be?
Encouraging strategies, ideas, behaviors, parenting practices, reflective exercises, and other applications to help parents design both external and internal activities that would best support fulfillment of their dream.
Questions can be used in this phase are
- What have you done before that you could do again that could help you move toward your dream?
- Thinking about your dream, what would make it come alive for you?
- What smaller aspects of your dream could you experiment with now?
As a parent’s dream emerges into actual lived experience, the role of the coach is to point out ‘evidence indicators’ that show this is happening, to help the parent gather the qualities and resources to make sure the emerging dream is sustainable, and to acknowledge that deep change has occurred and that the parent is a primary cause of this change.
In this phase the questions can be used are
- How are you already living your dream?
- What has been the most important thing that you have learned about yourself?
- What commitments do you make to yourself and your family?.