Preparation for Your Sample Class
The class you will be attending is just a sample from this much bigger learning experience. To prepare for your class, and maximise the benefit, we recommend the following preparation.
- Register for a Class (see below)
- Download Zoom and check your confirmation email for the zoom code.
- Download and read the module before class (see side menu)
- Read through the ICA Code of Conduct (which governs participation in all classes)
- Log your attendance and earn a participation credit
LOG YOUR ATTENDANCE HERE
Count Your Attendance Towards an Accredited ICA Program
The class you are attending sits inside a fully accredited coach training program. By recording your class with us, you can count it towards your program completion should you continue on to join an ICA program. Your attendance counts towards the following programs
- Life Design Course (18 hours)
- Workplace Coach Course (30 hours)
- Vocational Coach Program (76 hours)
- Professional Coach Program (125 hours)
- Advanced Coach Program (150 hours)LOG YOUR ATTENDANCE HERE
For enrolled students at ICA, there’s no such thing as a missed class (there’s over 30 classes a week to choose from and they rotate). But, the ‘open classes’ don’t come around as regularly. So, if you find there isn’t a class shown that works for your schedule, then we invite you to listen to the classes and labs we have recorded.
Sample Class: What is Coaching?
Classes are where a coaching concept is introduced, explained and then explored. All classes follow the same format. A format that will become reliable and predictable as you move through your studies, meaning that your focus is on the learning rather than ‘what next’.
In this class, Rob Stringer (trainer) introduces the concept of coaching; what it is, and what it isn’t. Download and read the module for context.
Sample Lab: ‘Stop the Clock’ Coaching Session
In Coaching Labs our students coach and receive mentor feedback, and our faculty demonstrate the use of the ICF competencies and markers. In this session, Lorna Poole (PCC) coaches ICA graduate Sarah Hamish-Creek around the possibility of adopting a dog. It’s a big decision and Sarah’s noticed she’s getting stuck.
Watch Video of Coaching Session