Mentor Coaching for Professional Coaches
10 Continuing Coach Education (CCE) hours for experienced coaches who want to develop their Mentor Coaching Skills. To be eligible you must be either a Graduate of International Coach Academy, or hold an ICF credential (ACC, PCC or MCC)
Coaching is still an emerging and developing practice and like everything there are several different windows or frames through which to view it and within which it is practiced. It has roots in a variety of theories and philosophies including adult education, positive psychology, organisational psychology and even the new age movement. And it can now be found in an increasing number of industries and professions. It is not a singular practice. Consequently it cannot be taught as such.
With over 15 years of experience teaching coaches and coaching in over 90 different countries around the word and in both English and Chinese, we have a deep understanding of how coaching is practiced in a variety of niches, countries and languages. From this we have developed a philosophy on what coaching is and how it should be taught.
Core Competency CCE's: 10 hours
Peer Coaching: Unlimited
Learnsite Access: 6 months
The Mentor Coaching Course is an opportunity to develop your coaching skills and expertise. You will participate in coaching role plays and be observed by an experienced coach (Mentor Coaching trainers must hold an ACC or PCC credential). Your six month access to this course area includes opportunities
- To practice coaching aligned to the Coaching Competencies as given by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- To understand and articulate the coaching skills and techniques used in your coaching sessions
- To analyze and identify your learning from the coaching session
- To identify and outline your coaching process
- To recognize your strengths and nurture them, recognize your weaknesses and overcome them
- To demonstrate how you evaluate your coaching session
Our classes at ICA are small and focussed. We know you are busy and we make sure that your learning experience is to the point and relevant. The teleclass format also allows you to learn from anywhere. Some students stay late at work, some call in from home and some use something like a long car trip to call into a class. It is up to you, where you learn best.
Our training is delivered via a combination of the following
- Online Learning Materials (Videos, PDF's)
- Labs and Teleclasses (Live calls that you dial into using a telephone or skype)
- Private Coaches Forum
- Peer Coaching
We believe both are important. Our program is a mix of philosophies and frameworks to help you develop knowledge as a Mentor Coach as well as significant opportunities to "learn by doing" Being mentored yourself is one of the best ways to learn to be a great Mentor Coach.
CEO Coaching Salon, Shanghai, 2015