Research Paper By Shraddha Trasi
(Passion Coaching, INDIA)
I CHANGE: Changing how we look at our self, to lead a life of Gratitude & Love!!
This Thought Leadership Article is based on my own personal journey & how my life has been changing since the time I changed the way I perceived myself.
Without really intending to do so, we often perceive ourselves in a derogatory manner or we purposely/ mistakenly underrate our skills & strengths. This leads to negative side effects as below:
Perceiving ourselves in a derogatory manner could :
- Stop us from appreciating all the beautiful things in life.
- Stop us from achieving so many of our goals that are important to us.
- Lead to us craving other’s approval or appreciation
- Cause inside us a feeling of inadequacy, a feeling of being ‘not good enough’.
When we underrate our skills or don’t appreciate our strengths:
- We may fall into a trap of judging others in a similar manner.
- We may get into a habit of looking at other’s shortcomings too just as we do it for ourselves.
If we start developing an outlook of perceiving ourselves as beautiful individuals, if we make a habit of looking at all those of our qualities that make us feel grateful and thankful, there is a gr8 chance that we may achieve our goals much faster. And when we feel good about ourselves, it’s but natural that we perceive others too in a similar way.
The intention behind this article is to create awareness amongst Coaches, that before we attempt to support our clients in feeling good about themselves, it’s essential that we do the same for ourselves too. As Coaches, it’s a must that we treat ourselves with respect. If we fail to do so, we may always fall short in acknowledging & appreciating our clients.