A Research Paper By R. Mahesh Lyer
(Executive Coach, INDIA)
Coaching is partnering with Clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
International Coaching Federation (ICF)
Executive Business Coaching in organizations is designed to help facilitate personal and professional potential to be maximized for individual growth and improved performance of the organization.This is achieved through a strong understanding of the ICF competencies, framework and ethical guidelines. The certification process is one such step to build a standard coaching procedure.
Organizations use Excellence models and Executive coaches use ICF framework to help move their organizations and clients respectively
- Where they are – Reflection – Current
- Where they want to be – Goals – Near term
- Where they can be – Potential – Future
However as both impact people and their agenda, can integrate the two models?
Currently, I am certified as an Assessor of the EFQM Model and was thereby keen to bring out how the Coaching Framework and Excellence frameworks can be integrated.
Different types of Excellence Models Several business excellence models exist world-wide. While variations exist, these models are all remarkably similar in the “Excellence” definition. The most common include:
- Australian Business Excellence Framework (ABEF) – Australia
- Malcolm Baldrige (MBNQA) – USA and 24 other countries
- European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) – Europe Union and India
- Japan Quality Award Model - Japan Singapore Quality Award Model - Singapore
- Tata Business Excellence Model (TBEM) – Tata Group of companies
Executive coaches may also choose to bring in their own excellence models if they find it appropriate to the situation.
The EFQM Excellence Model
The EFQM Excellence Model is the most popular quality tool in Europe, used by more than 30 000 organizations to improve performance. It supports self-assessment, encourages reflecting and helps to improve the organization.