- Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to provide an overview of change management approaches and reasons why change management programs fail and to suggest coaching, using EVOLVE2WIN coaching model, as an alternative for effectively implementing organizational change
- Design / Methodology / Approach: The overview of the change management approaches and of the reasons why change management programs fail is based on a comprehensive literature review. The case study approach has been used to demonstrate how coaching, using EVOLVE2WIN, a coaching model developed by the author, can support an organization to implement changes effectively.
- Findings: Coaching, using EVOLVE2WIN coaching model, can proactively and effectively address shortcomings that have led change management programs to fail, and can tailor a change management program to specific organizational needs.
- Research limitations / Implications: EVOLVE2WIN coaching model is a new model and has not been tested widely at this current stage. The conclusions made are based on only one case study.
- Practical Implications: This paper can serve as a point of reference for organizations that wish to implement change management programs, using coaching.
- Originality / Value: The coaching approach, using the EVOLVE2WIN coaching model, has been developed by the author. The author implemented the model and addressed, through coaching, issues that could possibly hinder the change process.
- Keywords: coaching, EVOLVE2WIN coaching model, social responsibility, sustainability, organizational change, change management, leadership
- Paper type: Research paper