Research Paper By Nicholas Kittis
(Transformational Life Coach, CYPRUS)
The sole constant is change.
We experience change daily – whether it’s weather change or unexpected meeting with important clients. And that we all approach these changes differently counting on our personalities, life experiences, and expectations. the thought of Change is fascinating to me therefore I even have decided to write down my research paperwork about CHANGE, which I might wish to explore on different levels – what’s it change and its definition and alter that happened within me since I became an ICA student and shortly certified Coach to be.
Exploring what is CHANGE
Cambridge Dictionary defines CHANGE because the act of becoming different, or the results of something becoming different.
The Change has been broadly discussed by many philosophers, scientists, economists, leaders, etc. But one among the best Greek philosophers Heraclitus had discovered the foremost accurate definition of the word Change yet in 500 BCE. the sole constant changes.
Heraclitus claimed that the planet isn’t to be identified with any particular substance, but rather with an ongoing process governed by the law of change. Heraclitus was the primary Western philosopher to travel beyond physical theory in search of metaphysical foundations and moral applications. consistent with Heraclitus, opposites are necessary for all times, but they’re unified during a system of balanced exchanges. https://iep.utm.edu/heraclit/
Heraclitus was referred to as the dark’’ philosopher, so-called because his writings were so difficult to know to others and he compared most people’s understanding to those asleep. To Heraclitus, only the philosopher, the one who pursued Truth, was fully awake and fully alive, and he appeared to consider himself the sole philosopher of his times. His main claim is summed up during a phrase Panta Rhei (‘’life is flux’’) recognizing the essential, underlying essence of life as a change. Heraclitus yet then understood that in life nothing is permanent, nor it is often because the very nature of existence is change. CHANGE isn’t just a neighborhood of life in Heraclitus’s view but its life itself. He also claimed that each one thing are brought into and pass out of existence through a clash of opposites that continually create and destroy. https://www.ancient.eu/Heraclitus_of_Ephesos/
My Personal Change
My personal experience working for quite 20 years with international teams within the hotels and corporations allowed me to find out a great understanding of human behavior and psychology. Through gained experience, I even have noticed what it takes to be a great leader, the way to motivate people, leading a team, and achieve success in what you are doing. Moreover, I used to be given numerous opportunities of adjusting my employee’s perception from black to white and the other way around.
Assorted gurus suggest that coaching is an important leadership behavior”. (The coaching habit Say less, ask more & change the way you lead forever, Michael Bungay Stanier, page 3). , Daniel Goleman, the psychologist and journalist who popularized the concept of emotional intelligence, put a stake within the ground quite 15 years ago in his Harvard Business Review “Leadership that gets results”. He suggested that there are six essential leadership styles and training was one among them and it had been shown to possess a, markedly positive” impact on performance, climate (culture) and therefore the bottom line. At an equivalent time, it had been the least-used leadership style. Why? Goleman wrote, “Many leaders told us that they don’t have time during this high-pressure economy for the slow and tedious work of teaching people and helping them grow. “ (The coaching habit Say less, ask more & change the way you lead forever, Michael Bungay Stanier, page 3).
I even have decided to enroll to become a teacher because the underlying philosophy behind coaching really felt very on the brink of my beliefs – which we are resourceful and artistic with energy, wisdom, ability, and genius waiting to be set in motion. Like Rumi said that everything within the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” the thought of adjusting peoples’ life and assisting them in their journey was so thriving.
This global pandemic has changed everything from rock bottom to the highest but regardless of all the negatives it also created many opportunities. Thanks to the very fact that I used to be out of my job for an uncertain amount of your time I even have decided to travel through this journey called becoming a teacher. Looking back to myself within the beginning of the year and now I even have genuinely say that I even have changed myself also.
Oftentimes, change is experienced in a particularly uncomfortable way. Like for therefore many people, the change that happened in 2020 was frightening to me also, but I can firmly say that being an ICA student not only helped me to become a coach but also made a significant change within me.
Becoming a teacher was one of the simplest things that changed my life for the better. the items that I learned in ICA programs not only allowed me to become a teacher but to become a far better person also. After I even have experienced change I’m looking forward to being ready to assist others to travel through this journey also. I’m certain now that anyone can move from place A to the desired place with the assistance of a coach.
Becoming a teacher was a very grounding experience on my behalf of me. As an executive I used to be always in a position to direct, consult, dedicate works therefore learning skills to become a teacher was all new to me. Probably the foremost challenging part of these studies was to unlearn old patterns and learn new ones.
The most significant lessons learned and skills in ICA studies:
- the facility OF CONFIDENCE – people have more trust when their outer behavior and appearance conveys confidence and authenticity and is in sync with intent. it’s all about being comfortable and assured with who you’re and allowing your real self to point out up.
- the facility OF AWARENESS – Awareness may be a state of being aware of something. More specifically, is that the ability to directly know and perceive, to feel, or to be cognizant of events’’ (Wikipedia). Awareness is knowing the patterns in our lifestyle, understanding our beliefs, our mind, our spirit, our body. Self-awareness may be a powerful tool to assist us to measure the life we always wanted instead of settling for whatever comes within the way.
- the facility OF ACTIVE LISTENING – the foremost significant coaching skill is your ability to concentrate and it’s one among the foremost vital service coach can provide. , The quieter you become, the more you hear.’’ Ram Dass. , The art of listening is usually misunderstood as behavior and underrated as a skill (we should teach it in school). Good listener obtain a far better understanding of individuals and situations, meaning they will answer situations more effectively than someone who hasn’t.’’ (The Coaching Manual, Julie Starr, 4th Edition, page 71) , Listening to someone maybe thanks to increasing your ability to influence and yet strangely we frequently forget that’’(The Coaching Manual, Julie Starr, 4th Edition, page 73) learning a skill of active listening allows a coach to acknowledge what’s being said, restate messages and fully understand what is being said. Deep and active listening goes beyond what’s logically possible to realize by taking note of someone.
- the facility OF RELEASING JUDGEMENT – all people have one common goal – to be acknowledged. the other acknowledgment is judgment. a weird thing happens when a person feels that he or she is being judged. the primary response is to feel guilty. the facility of releasing the judgment during coaching is one of the foremost significant tools of helping a person to maneuver on. those that judge others usually justify it to themselves on the idea that the judgment has some basis in “truth” or “expertise”. once we are being judged, we enter defensive mode; we cease feeling comfortable, we stop listening, and worst of all, we start to ascertain the person judging us as someone capable of injuring us rather than someone we will trust. the sole way we will truly assist anyone may be a challenging process is by releasing all judgment in personam and seeing him or her for the empowered being as they really are.
- POWERFUL QUESTIONS – The essence of coaching lies in helping others and unlocking their potential” (The coaching habit Say less, ask more & change the way you lead forever, Michael Bungay Stanier, page 7). What moves clients the foremost from one place to a different one is that the powerful questions alongside silence, metaphor, and analogy. Since the coach talking consists of about 20% during the session, the facility lies within the direction that powerful questions take the client. , masterful coaches ask open, thought-provoking inquiries to understand the person. The questions force the client to think instead of providing information they already know” (The HeArt of Laser-focused Coaching, Marion Franklin Ms, Mcc, page 67). Powerful questions can stop the inner conversation from thinking in its usual way. interestingly, the question-and-answer methodology for discerning the reality is nothing new. it’s commonly mentioned because of the Socratic method” and derives its name from Ancient Greek philosopher, Socrates. He would continuously pose inquiries to his listeners to trigger thinking. The questioning continued until the listeners provided the foremost logical answer to a specific problem and discovery followed. (ICA papers)
- the facility OF VISUALISATION – The term visualization today is extremely widely used. John Assafar, one of the leading mindset and behavior experts within the world said that Visualize an outcome you would like over and once again to create, cells of recognition’’ in your memory bank. once you continuously specialize in a picture in your mind, every cell in your body is involved therein image and you vibrate and resonate with everything that’s consonant thereupon frequency both on a physical and non-physical level.
Whether we glance into history or maybe into todays’ events, we will understand that the planet is consistently changing and everything within it. We cannot escape the change and that we shouldn’t because most of the time change creates space for growth.
Becoming a teacher has thought me numerous new skills, that some people naturally have them and a few people got to learn (e.g. learning the way to listen actively). These new skills helped me to profoundly change my character and built new, better habits.
During the coaching sessions with my peer coaches, I even have witnessed numerous remarkable changes where the most crucial change first happens in ones’ mind. I’m so grateful that I had a chance to become a teacher and that I am ready to change people’s lives whether it’s a little decision of shopping for a replacement bag or making a lifetime decision to vary career or break up with a spouse. Having the ability to touch peoples’ hearts and assist them in the direction that only their hearts know is beyond any title that one can obtain.
https://iep.utm.edu/heraclit/ (accessed 12.2020)
https://www.ancient.eu/Heraclitus_of_Ephesos/ (accessed 12.2020)
The Coaching Manual, Julie Starr
The Coaching Habit Say less, ask more & change the way you lead forever, Michael Bungay Stanier
The HeArt of Laser-focused Coaching, Marion Franklin, Ms, MCC