A Coaching Power Tool created by Twanette Fourie
(Behavioural Intelligence Coach, SOUTH AFRICA)
This tool can be used in any point in the process:
- beginning to get direction,
- middle to align if deviated off the mark or
- new insights warrant new goals,
- at end to identify new goals for growing to the next level of excellence.
The tool addresses indecisiveness, offers clarity and confronts fear. This tool serves to:
- create awareness of underlying aspects that we do not pay attention to,
- understand context of what is possible and what not, realistically based
- offers clarity on which direction to follow.
- get rid of the clutter
GOAL SETTING TOOL
Determine your priority life areas and level of satisfaction thereof in preparation of goal setting.
Evaluate the following fundamental areas of your life that influence your overall level of well-being. (Adapted from Faulkner’s Life Wheel).
(assign a weight of 1 being the poorest to 4 being the highest level of satisfaction) the area according to your status quo, to what your life is like at the moment. This is a reflection of what your daily agenda looks like at present, what you live every day, not what you want it to be.
- – Very poor
- – Unsatisfied
- – Satisfied
- – Very Good
(assign in order of importance according to you from most important no 1 to least important no 8.
This may not be what you are living at present. This is what you believe your life areas should be according to your personal order of importance, what you think about it (how you value it), not what you are doing (living) about it at present. This reflects what you believe your life should be like.