A Coaching Power Tool created by Rose Marie Saratan Robles
(Parent and Child Relationship Coach, SWITZERLAND)
Every person has a purpose; the real work of our lives is finding it. by Oprah
Nadya, single, young and a mother.
Living independently on the support of Social welfare, Nadya dreams of the best for her child and herself.
Nadya often cries; she feels all alone, disillusioned, helpless and with so little money.
There is her own life which she feels she must fulfill, and there is the life of her child which she feels responsible for. To overprotect or to over-fix? The child may rebel or become too dependent. As parents, we can allow or encourage limited risks that help our children learn confidence as they learn to succeed.
Then there are the everyday ‘realities’- food, clothing, shelter, eventually education…
But Nadja is committed to building her life again, together with her child.
One day, Nadja had an awakening- her child was crying, hungry and with fever!
Now, she realizes, ‘ What can I do to calm my child? And what if this happens again?’ Who can I turn to? I must be self- reliant…I must be….
She took an inventory of herself, her strengths, her limitations and what support she could avail of.
She visualized her future…
The above case- study is a common scenario nowadays. What do you do? You look around you and see only challenges. You reflect on your life and see only disappointments.
We are all little “nadya’s”- dreaming of only the best for our children. We have perhaps thought of the “hows” and the “what’s” and have often stopped there because our condition has made us feel that there is nowhere to go.
We look around us and see little of the possibilities for our dreams to come true.
We live in a culture where wealth is a recognition; We perceive strength only when there is power; we see the society pages filled with names, signifying wealth, and the merits of integrity only in the local tabloids.
We see ourselves in doubt.
- Is having less of money actually less powerful than having more?
- Is having self- doubt a pre- conceived notion of failure? Or is it there to inspire us to confidence?
- What would it be like to reflect on this feeling and ask our spirit, “who am I despite..?”
- What can I do to start believing in myself once again?
Defined as the condition causing uncertainty and hesitation of self.
You could decide at this point to do any of the following:
- Set aside your aspirations and values and put our life at a stand still
- Think of constructive ways to improve your condition
- Empower yourself by learning, then planning your life
- Reframing your underlying beliefs and empower yourself.
- What is truly important to me?
- What would move me to become empowered?
- How would I visualize my future to be?
It would help to make an album of pictures of your current condition on the left side and your dreams on the right. Cut out pictures of your new home, shoes, clothes for yourself and the children. Enjoy the colors, smell the newness of things. Write down the dreams in words. Put dates. Put celebrations.
This is one amongst many tools to help empower you.
For me, it is visualization, goal- setting, awareness of my underlying beliefs, and a firm grasp of my spirituality that everything works for the better.
Gratitude opens our doors to abundance, opportunities and growth.
We see ourselves becoming powerful.
Coaching helps single parents:
- Reframe perspectives for any underlying beliefs
- Organize clutters while involving kids
- Help control stressors
- Helps the single parent seek help, if needed so
- Identify what is most important, especially in the case of a new relationship
- Prepares you to feel ready for potential friends and partners
- Assess relationship bonds and entanglements
- Identify Life goals and blockages
- Rebuild Motivation
- Do you have control over your emotions, or are your emotions in control of you?
- How do I help remove the barriers?
- Who would you like to be- for yourself, for your children?
- What can I do to move from a position of self- doubt to self- belief?
- What is the underlying belief here?
- Close your eyes.
- Visualize your favourite food. Remember the taste, texture in your mouth, the smell.
- Are you craving for this? Of course!
- Look at the command of your mind over your senses.
- Dream, Imagine, visualize, action…steps to a successful goal.
Self- Doubt Self- Belief
Based on underlying belief In alignment with your values & strengths
From a spiritual level, there is always hope even when everything is hopeless.
I believe that challenges are given for a purpose and behind these challenges, support will always be made available to meet these challenges.
BE THE EFFECT YOU WISH OTHERS TO BE AFFECTED By Jose Peck on Self- Empowerement.