- When have you noticed a person being empathetic towards you? What happened?
- How do you feel when your communication partners are assertive?
- How do you feel when you are overly assertive?
- How do you feel when you are empathetic?
- What changes when you step in someone else’s shoes?
- What do you need to become less assertive?
- What do you need to become more empathetic?
Ames, Daniel R. & Wazlawek, Abbie S. (2014). Pushing in the Dark. Causes and Consequences of Limited Self-Awareness for Interpersonal Assertiveness. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 775-790.
Brown, Brené (2007). Shame Resilience Theory. In S.P. Robbins, P. Chatterjee & E.R. Canda (Eds.), Contemporary human behavior theory: A critical perspective for social work (Rev. ed.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon
Goleman, Daniel (1998). Working with emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books
Iacoboni, Marco & McHaney, Roger W. (2009). Applying empathy and mirror neuron concepts to NeuroLeadership. NeuroLeadership Journal, 2, pp. 35-41.
Weiber, Jürgen (2nd edition, 2012). Personalführung. Munich: Vahlen Verlag.