Freedom choreographs inner and outer harmony which connects and engages us in the dance of life.
Freedom invites us to feel safe and vital in the present moment. Freedom invites us to connect to our inner strength and not to be limited by our fears. Freedom invites us to trust and believe in ourselves intuitively and to do it our way. Freedom invites us to offer our unique special blend of who we are to contribute to the betterment of humankind. Freedom lightens our load and invites us to be playful, daring and to believe we can achieve anything if we set our mind on it and take action upon it.
Freedom chooses not to be constrained by a mould constructed out of fears. Freedom generates within us a positive flowing energy that values challenges as opportunities in disguise that will help us grow and develop as we transcend our fears.
As coaches we have the joy of being a potential catalyst by the grace of our distinct personality, natural talents and acquired skills to share each of our clients’ unique journeys and see them move forward in their chosen direction.
Some fundamental tools in a coach’s toolbox, as well as curiosity and an open heart and mind to be considered are:
- More than anything coaching someone is about creating a sacred space of confidential trust that builds a warm rapport and allows the client to feel comfortable and be able to genuinely open up and share. If a client feels they have truly been listened to it has the potential of letting them feel validated, valued and appreciated.
- Mirroring back is an effective way to give feedback to a client. It has the potential to create positive awareness for the client as it is a way to mention things that have already been mentioned by the client. Effective feedback can also help the coach to notice patterns and keep coaching sessions client centred.
- Role playing the situation and the emotions attached to the issue has the potential to allow the client to evaluate the situation and the feelings attached to it so as to be able to change the outcome.
- Visualisation has the potential to be a powerful tool that enables the client to use their own imagination and senses to experience that which is in their mind. This in turn can permit the client to prepare, work towards and actualise their personal vision.
- The client’s choice to take action and set realistic meaningful goals significant to them is vital in moving the client move forward out of fear and towards freedom. Goal setting can be a useful way for the client to measure their own progress. Achieving goals also gives a great opportunity for the client to celebrate, stay motivated and committed.
- What do you want to specifically focus on right now, which would make the biggest positive difference to your life?
- What is important to you about your situation and why do you care?
- Stop and take a breath. What are you feeling right now?
- What about this situation is under your control?
- What about this situation is not under your control?
- What can you do about the part of the situation you can change?
- What about the part of the situation you can’t change?
- What would you do if you saw yourself in control instead of controlled?
- What is emerging here for you?
- What if you could evolve, thrive and lead a fulfilling life?
- What do you want more of in your life? – make a list
- What do you want less of in your life? – make a list
- What would help you to prepare to feel ready to move forward?
Burchard, B. (2014). THE MOTIVATION MANIFESTO … 9 DECLARATIONS TO CLAIM YOUR PERSONAL POWER. Hay House Inc.
Jeffers, S. (2006). FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY. Ballantine Books.
McKay, M., Davis, M., & Flanning, P. (2012). THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR MOODS & YOUR LIFE. New Harbinger – 4 th Edition.
Quotes sourced from www.brainyquote.com
Artwork © copyright Eagle Wind Artistry