A Coaching Model Created by Sreenivas Nagappa
(Executive Coach, INDIA)
What Is Coaching?
- brings out the best in the Client
- with full buy in i.e. it is not imposed
Simply put, in all of us:
- Potential less Interferences
- Performance i.e. we deliver below our Potential because of Interferences
Coaching reduces the impact of these Interferences allowing us to perform closer to our Potential
Executive Coaching For Whom?
- I specialize in Coaching for the C –Suite and High Potential Managers
- Typically, these are sponsored by the organization although there have been a few cases of individuals directly reaching out to be coached
- Issues could be regarding relationships at work, motivation, managing teams, or could be specific to the individual being coached
- There is a joint meeting at the start between the Sponsor ( Company), Client ( person being coached) and the Coach. Modalities of the Coaching are discussed herein – reason, number of sessions, duration etc.
- Coach makes it clear that all discussions between Client & Coach are confidential and will not be communicated to the Sponsor.
- At the request of the Sponsor, there may be a review meeting to which the Client is also invited; discussed here are only modalities & not session content.
Role of Values and Beliefs
- Values signify the sum total of what we believe in
- It encompasses ethics, beliefs, sense of right & wrong, fairness, duty, happiness, compassion – in short everything that determines our everyday behaviour
- Often these are in the subconscious mind.
- Decisions taken without alignment of Values lead to poor outcomes and do not feel right.
Values are the foundation of our life
International Coach Federation (ICF) Competencies engaged:
- Ethical guidelines & Professional practice
- Establishing trust & intimacy
- Powerful questions
- Coaching agreement
When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier. Roy E. Disney
Aspiration Your Goal
Self aware Authentic Holistic Fit with Values
Aspirations ( Goal )
- Ensure every aspiration fits with your Values. e.g. if a big Value for you is family & spending time with the family is paramount , you will be unhappy in a job that has you travelling 5 days a week even if it is an admired job.
- Is the aspiration really you ? Or are you trying to live someone else’s dream? Is it authentic ?
- What joy will the realization of this aspiration bring you ?
Pages: 1 2