This is the phase where coach tries to wake up motivation inside client’s soul and mind. Gradually and with the use of powerful tools,self-motivation starts happening almost automatically. Goals never seen before, start to look so clear, and a ray of hope shines onclient’s face.
Client starts feeling more optimistic of their capability to make a change, and start thinking about doable actions steps & feelingmore committed to stick to them.
To instigate Self-Motivation, the coach uses:
- Visualization to increasing client’s awareness.
- Reframing Perspectives to inspire client to see what s/he needs to change.
- Co-Creating Action Plan: Upon assessing client’s level of awareness and optimism, coach can now start to co-create an action plan with the client, maintaining the importance of holding client accountable for committing to it.
D – Dynamic Change & Dream Realization
Dynamic Change is the phase where client starts reaping what s/he sows, i.e. feeling great enthusiasm while committing to the
Here, the coach:
- Follows Up regularly to check the client’s progress.
- Encourages client for further Self- Accountability, as opposed to relying on coach to hold them accountable.
- Acknowledges minor and major steps.
- Demonstrating client’s proximity to realizing their bigger dream.
A cycle of escalating engagement & seeing results.
O – Obstacles Dismantling
Taking The Clouds Away From the Sun
I give this the analogy of the sun/ sunlight being blocked by clouds. Coach’s task hereis to help dismantle these clouds (obstacles) away from the sun so as to retrieve Sunlight (optimism and clarity of vision). This usually re-inspires clients, and remindsthem of their goal behind the change they sought in the beginning.
Coach can use:
- Power tools, like Evading vs Making An Action: Client is the vehicle between the present status and the future goal sought after.
- Empowerment technique to reverse client’s need for resistance of new change: Change is fearful to some clients, and it is expected that they experience a slow down in the middle of the way.
- Awareness heightening techniques to help clarify what may be happening with client. Visualization, physical expression and art can be quite powerful tools to use to empower and unblock client.
M – 3 Ms Phase
When there is sunlight (awareness, optimism and motivation), the path ahead is clear and clients see and know where they are going. The road looks more familiar, safer and more exciting. Goals seem more clear and approachable.
The coach can:
- Monitor and motivate constantly.
- Celebrate with Client: Acknowledgement and marking client’s milestones.
- Client now is enjoying the warmth of the sunlight, clarity of vision and happiness of achieving their goals.