A Coaching Model Created by Rajat Tewari
(Leadership Coach, INDIA)
Reality of Here and Now
- Align to the process and purpose of the coaching relationship.
- Understand the present reality of the client related to values, beliefs, life situation, challenges and motivations.
- Discuss and agree on the process of the coaching relationship and the contract. Align on the rules and show stoppers.
- Take basic information in the initial questionnaire.
- Ask questions around values, beliefs, relationships, life situation and challenges/motivations.
- Use relevant tools to map the perceptions in the mind of the client e. g Circle of life, Know your strengths etc to support the learnings from the questions and discussions.
Aspirations and Goals
- Highlight the aspirations of the coachee.
- Discuss the goals, vision, dreams of the coachee.
- Distill the 2-3 most significant aspirations.
- Break down to the short and long term.
- Broadly, do a SMART assessment of the aspirations
Juxapose & Discover
- Look at what is happening now as against the aspirations.
- Discover the gaps and the reasons thereof
- Put light on the present situation and compare each important element with the vision of the future.
- Understand what is stopping the client from moving there, what is not being done, could be done differently…..
- Sense and feel the emotions involved.
- Challenge paradigms and beliefs
Action to Move forward
- Action towards the aspirations
- Discuss possible actions that could be taken towards the aspiration.
- Consider short and long term actions
- Identify support systems
- Set deadlines and reward systems
Transcend and Grow
- Move to a new space after taking action
- Discuss the progress of action taken
- Feel the energy of the movement.
- Sense the emotions and fulfillment of progress.
- Become aware of moving into a new space
- Derive energy from the change.