This model Look INSIDE is based on traditional coaching model GROW. The GROW model, originally conceived by Graham Alexander and brought to the fore by Sir John Whitmore, is possibly the best known model for coaching. Like most models it provides a structure for the coaching conversation that is designed to ensure some form of outcome.
INSIDE model- GROW mapping
- The stages Introspect and Narrate is the process to know - what do you want?
- Self-Discover stage is the process to know – what is happening now?
- Interact stage is the process to know – what could you do?
- Delight & Enlighten stage is the process to know -what will you do?
In this process, coach will interact with client and ask some questions allowing them to INTROSPECT. In this process some powerful questions which can be helpful:
- Who you are?
- What you were and where you are?
- Why you exist?
- What you want?
In this stage, client is not aware is about the situation you are in. In this stage, coach is bringing the client to a stage where he/she narrates the goals. In this process coach will also state the foundations and standards for this coaching and also establishes the agreement between coach and client.
Next important process is to narrate some events, which help to establish the introspection thoughts. This may involve more frequent interactions to narrate various events, which may have impacted, and the reasons for certain way of doing things. Some questions which will certainly help. Coach will ask client to narrate some events:
- What do you think what helped you?
- What do you some things did not happen the way you wanted
- What are success factors?
- What works best for you
- What you love to do?
Some questions may require some self-discovery process of going back after narration. This may involve some thinking process in the mind of client. In this thinking process client will become aware of their mental dilemmas and reflect more deeply. Some powerful questions:
- What is happening to you?
- What is preventing?
- Why you have not reached the goal?
- What do you think/perceptions you carry?
During this process of Interact, the client will be having an idea of options to his problem. His will be able to identify some of the key areas:
- What needs to be done?
- Why it needs to be done?
- Who will be impacted?
- What you have already tried?
This is one of the critical sessions where client is in full charge as he starts feeling the need to improve and see self-improvements.