A Coaching Model By Nadezda Nedospasova, Care & Resilience Coach, LATVIA
The PERSON Coaching Model
I will not rescue you for you are not powerless, I will not fix you for you are not broken, I will not heal you for I see you in your wholeness, I will walk with you through the darkness as you remember your light. Sheree Bliss Tilsley
Being heard is so close to being loved that for the average person they are almost indistinguishable. David Augsburger
I’ve been thinking about these words a lot. Being heard is indeed what most of us need. By someone who has no reason to judge, assess, or direct. Someone who can understand what we are going through and who can hold our hand while we are searching for the answers, for the Way to our Authentic Self, True Strength, and Real Potential.
My vast personal and professional experience in care has taught me that living with limited ability due to any predicament is not only confronting and backbreaking for those going through it, but it’s also difficult for all of those around them. Although life around disability, life with a disability is still life that one can make the most of.
I´ve also learned how to listen to, understand, support, and encourage proactive and ambitious ones who desire to set and achieve new goals in their demanding lives. And for that, I´ve chosen to become a care and resilience coach. Through my coaching, I provide a fruitful partnership with caring yet feeling overwhelmed ones who aim to better connect and support themselves and those who are challenged.
I started my coaching journey with a particular goal in mind: to help people living with and around disabilities find new ways to happiness in their life, relationships, and their work. To discover their true potential by getting support to optimize their partnership and achieve their goals in a highly challenging environment. To broaden their perspectives by being heard and seen on their daily journey doing their best.
Guided by one of the main concepts of professional and effective coaching – coach not a Story but a Person, – and have realized that in my niche this concept has a specifically strong application, I created my coaching model called PERSON.
Dealing with whatever life throws at us it is highly important to be able to connect to someone who sees the Person and not the predicament or adversity.
My coaching method is tailor made and always respectful and trustworthy.
I don’t need onejust to look strong. I’d rather see them knowing that they are truly strong,relying ontheir superpower and growing in it whilst holding back their inner saboteur.
I´m here for one to believe in their Self, to facilitate for them the space for awakening and self-exploring, expanding their world, seeing the way out to better choices in life, discovering the highest possibilities and to be truly alive.
I partner with one to support themin doing what they can, to make them committed to something bigger than Self – really committed which sometimes means to discover their competing believes and decisions that stand in the way. I coach not theStory but the Person.
Thus my coaching is all about PERSON which means that I
Partner with one for
Enabling them to
Reconnect with their authentic
Self so they can
AlsoI truly believe that it´s paramount to let One to
Encourages them to
Strength in order to
Visually my coaching model is represented below:
All the segments of the model are not linear but rather interlinked although the Partner segment is always the one to commence the coaching session with.
My coaching model generates lots of powerful questions like:
- What does accelerate true eagerness to build up resilience?
- Who is your inner saboteur that is holding you back?
- What is available to you right now?
- What can be your main contribution today?
- What can give you a shift to speak from possibility?
- What can becomepossible?
- How can you use your strength?
- What is it you do best every day?
- What is the story you´re telling yourself that affects your daily life?
I developed this coaching model keeping in mind that I´m a care and resilience coach for
- care users
- care givers
- those who live with disability or around disability
- physically challenged people
- differently abled people
- those overwhelmed by health care or personal care assistance challenges
who struggle with
- regaining your drive and enthusiasm in life
- seeing perspectives and opportunities in the situation
- maintaining motivation to move forward
- being listened to and understood
- setting up goals or even a new life purpose
- relieving stress and recharging yourself
- empowering your self-confidence
- focusing on strengthening your skills and what is really important to you
- turning obstacles into possibilities
- opting for the best solution to any given circumstance
- making your own story inspiring
- being committed and keeping yourself accountable
- making better connections with your old or new relationships
Although I believe that the very same approach is highly effective in coaching anyone, meaning that my coaching model is applicable to any situation and issue.
Everyone of us has two imaginary buckets that need to be filled daily – one bucket with attention and one with power. If these buckets aren’t filled in a positive way, we tend to fall into a downward spiral of negativity. Therefore my mission is to help Person to find their Way to fill these buckets on a daily basis and thus pave their authentical way to resilience.
“Thinking Fast and Slow” by Daniel Kahneman
“The Art of Possibility” by Benjamin and Rosamund Zander
“Effective Modern Coaching” by Myles Downey
“The Heart of Laser-Focused Coaching” by Marion Franklin
“Coach the Person, not the Problem” by Marcia Reynolds