- Self-Awareness. It has to be commenced with the audit of what do we have now, at the beginning of our new cycle. When a person becomes „self-aware” he/she can change anything, because self-awareness is the most powerful tool to use when we need to choose the direction, the message we send into the world and the way we are designing our life in general. The role of a coach at this step is to help to find out the strengths, the background, the peculiarities of the client. There is no greater gift as becoming aware on who you are. This is infinite process.
- Acceptance. It is highly important not only to self-aware, but also to accept all the things which come out at the stage of self-awareness. Being truthful with yourself is a useful habit, which provides more taste, freedom, balance, space to move forward.
- Values. Identifying values will let the client to set the goals which are aligned to his values. This will considerably increase not only the outcome, but also the enjoyment of the process of achieving respective goals. This will also make all the cycle meaningful and satisfactory after achieving the desired results.
- Consciousness. Self-awareness gives us required background for consciousness. There are a lot of actions that we do because of unconscious deductions, so it would be considerably more effective if we could turn all our unconscious actions into conscious ones. Could one imagine how effective we would be then?
- Dreams. They seem to come from our heart, not mind, providing a possibility to become closer to your true mission and thus are absolutely important. Sometimes adults cease to dream and therefore dreaming is a skill that has to be trained again. The amount of people that remembers their most daring childhood’s dreams is decreasing. Therefore we do not know what is forgotten already. Consequently „old”, hidden, and still desired dreams and goals are missing. We do acknowledge what would be the potential of our life if there were no obstacles. Therefore the client has to be asked to consider on which of his/her dreams are client’s own dreams and which are imposed dreams of common society’s successfully sold ones to major nations and consumer groups.
- Goals/Plan. We should consider what are our goals that we need to achieve when we make our dream life to come true. We can split major goals into smallest ones to achieve the desired level of prosperity and happiness. Therefore we could use SMART, GROW and other reliable models in our goal setting processes.
- Action. This is the main and most significant stage of the currently described cycle. It makes the visible and physical changes in one’s life and its vision. Action is an instrument to which we have been preparing ourselves (as well as our client) when we were discovering the underwater amounts of our icebergs. The performance through the action depends on the quality of the preparation. It is highly important how well we have developed strong and stable base for the real happening changes. During this stage the coach is positively and trustfully observing the client and supports him (if needed) moving the client to move forward according to his values and goals.
- Acknowledging yourself for the changes to be made is vital. The coach is a person who acknowledges the achievements (even if they are very small), thus keeping the spirit and motivation the client to achieve the highest levels, giving the feeling of great job done and providing considerable amount of energy for the next cycles to be taken.
- Celebrating. It is helpful to agree on the prospective celebration that will occur after work has been done. The agreement has to be achieved during the stage of goal setting, because it is not only highly motivating, but also serves as a way how to direct the thoughts into the positive way to focus on the success. Celebration of the success will let the client to stop for a moment to enjoy the results of his magnificent work and each respective coach should be more than happy to celebrate achieved results with the client!
Pages: 1 2