A Coaching Model Created by Neena Verma
(Leadership Coaching, Team Coaching, Transformational Coaching, INDIA)
Lasting impact can be found anywhere, from a helping hand to a lost poetry Because life doesn’t last, but the splash we make … ripples throughout. Luke Steadman
How true these words are in any aspect of life … and even more so in the context of a coaching relationship.
There are several paradigms of coaching that explain its what, why and how. IMPACT coaching is my humble attempt at evolving a coaching model that would help create deep meaning, presence and impact in clients’ lives. IMPACT Coaching is an expression of the distilled perspective and wisdom about the ‘what, why and how of coaching’, that my coaching clients, mentor & peer coaches, my own study, practice & reflection, and several other coaching influences have helped me built over time. My humble experience as a coach has exposed me to several coaching contexts … leadership, team, life, grief and transition coaching. Each new experience has been filling me with greater humility, curiosity, perspective and gratitude. Slowly but firmly, I am coming to believe that coaching is all about deep transformative impact.
The underlying philosophy of IMPACT coaching is guided by the fact that an individual accomplishes deep transformative impact when he taps into his inherent wisdom & capacity, initiates his change & growth process of his own, and holds himself accountable for his insights, actions & outcomes.
In a coaching journey, the coach’s job is to ask such questions, which help the clients engage with their situation with new eyes & new wisdom. The core mission of a coach is to help his1 client accomplish all this by…
- invoking his inner consciousness, wisdom, courage & creativity
- helping him be in tune with his core values & purpose
- asking such powerful questions that help create awareness & shift perspective
- motivating him to act purposefully in line with his insight & chosen options
- encouraging him to celebrate & amplify success, and bounce back from set-backs
- helping him use both success & set-back for meaningful feedback
- and inspiring him to look at his journey as an upward spiral of growth, transcending beyond the present capacity to create richer talent
IMPACT Coaching … Process
The IMPACT coaching model entails a six-phase process, as depicted below.