Coaching Model Created by Maria Gardner J
(Relationships & Boundaries For Freedom Coach, UNITED STATES)
Coaching = Care
My model pictures three components I bring to the coaching process:
- my beliefs and values
- how I relate to others
- my knowledge and skills
Within each of these components I have listed three aspects that I choose to emphasize.
Character builds trust.
- Authenticity requires being open and real with my clients.
- Integrity requires matching my behavior with my words.
- Confidentiality requires safeguarding my clients’ private concerns.
Chemistry builds relationship.
- Client focus requires active listening and prioritizing the client’s agenda.
- Acceptance opens a safe space and requires not being judgmental.
- Rapport requires communicating in a way that is comfortable for the client.
Competency builds effectiveness.
- Applied knowledge requires combining theory and experience in my coaching.
- Process requires a roadmap for engaging all of the coaching competencies.
- Preparation requires reflection, planning, and creative use of available tools.