A Coaching Model Created by Lim Siew Siew
(Life Coach, MALAYSIA)
We are our choices – Jean-Paul Sartre
How amazing would it be if everything in life we encounter are favoured to our choices? Isn’t it great? Here’s the good news. We DO have choices. No matter what situation or circumstances we are in, we can always choice to see, to feel and to deal with them differently. As long as we are open to the opportunity to see the different perspective of the situation we are in. When we are able to see things in a different perspective, we will then realise that we are not a victim of our circumstances. We are in control. We have the power to manage our situation. Wouldn’t our lives be so much easier if we see that the choices in our lives have always been there for us?
Our experience in life is determine by our perspective, not our circumstances. There is always a choice. We can choose to change our perspective whenever we want at any time. We can have the power to switch our lives by switching our perspectives. When we know we can choose to deal with our situation or circumstances in a different perspective, we have the power to change the outcomes of it. I have come to learn that if I am open to the opportunity that comes with every challenges, life can always be beautiful, if I believe it.
- a good rapport is the beginning of an effective coaching relationship.
- sharing more information from the client ensure the coach get a better understanding on where the client is standing
- by understanding the thought process of client, the coach can then step forward to honouring them for their present on the session.
- in a case where client is using the model for a self reflection, they can communicate their issue by writing them down to get a better picture of where the issue stands and where the client is standing.
Honor & Acknowledge
- honoring and cherishing the privilege I get as their coach to be there for the client in exploring on their issues
- the respect for the client for stepping out to communicating and addressing the issue.
- fulfilling and keeping the space private and safe for the client to express their emotions and feelings on the sessions.
- client will be acknowledge for honouring their issue and being open to dealing with those issues with the help of the coaching process.
- honouring and acknowledging the issue ensure the client’s awareness of their situation. awareness is crucial as it determines the client’s understanding on where there are standing in their situation. when they have this awareness, they can then come out with different perspective to deal with the situation with the coach’s support.
- client will see new opening and new opportunity after reflecting and evaluating on the possibilities and on things that they can do.
- client will have to reflect on their issue through the questions the coach is giving them. when that happen, client will have the opportunity to come out with different thoughts are ideas in the process.
- when the client is open up and see that there are always opportunity to learn and grow in every situation, they can then see things in many different perspectives.
- when the client see that there are opportunity in every situation, they will be willing to explore further to see many other possibilities.
Insight & Inspire
- with the positivity of seeing the opportunity in every situation, client will then get tremendous insight to their issue.
- client will have the capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of their situation.
- through the insight , the client will be inspired to move forward and seeing new perspectives.
- the coach will enthuse the client to create a positive mindset on issues they are working on.
- the coach will then challenge the client to take chances, to seize the opportunity for personal growth.
- the coach will step ahead and challenge the client to step out of their comfort zone, and to experience all the different possibilities.
- the coach will also be challenging the client to hold themselves accountable on their commitments through out the whole coaching process.
- the client will get to work on their abilities and polish them for improvement
- client will be empowered with all the positive energy from the coaching session.
- after stepping out and seeing different possibilities, the client will now be empowered to take on more challenges.
- at this point, acknowledgement is vital. The coaching will acknowledge the client for taking up the challenges, for holding themselves accountable and for going through this process of growth with an open heart.
- client will get the confident through the acknowledgement and empowerment from the coach, as well as their growth from the challenges they have taken.
- from the process of the whole model, client will then get to see that they can actually switch their perspective in any situation they encounter.
- client will realise that there is always a choice in how they want their situation to be, and how they want to feel about every situation they are in.
- by switching their perspectives the client can switch their energy from negative to positive and get a better hold on their situation.
- client will come to a clarity that they cannot change other people, but they can always change themselves.
- client will then be empowered with positivity to switch, to choose to feel, to see and to act on their issues that help them improve on their growth in any situations.
The difference between successful people and people who fail in life isn’t what they have or what they can do. It is what they choose to see and do with their knowledge and experience in life. – Kadena Lim