A Coaching Model Created by Laure Demerson
(Life & Transformational coach, SINGAPORE)
What are you doing?
- I am a coach.
- And what do you do as a coach?
- I bring people to reveal themselves, to themselves, to reveal the themselves beyond what they think they are, to reveal how good they truly are, what they know, and what they don’t know yet about themselves.
Definition of “to reveal” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus: “to make known to others or show something that is surprising or that was previously secret, unknown; to allow something to be seen that, until then, had been hidden”
I see two steps of revelation in coaching:
- The first one is when the client, facing a challenge, unaware of his own resources, values, beliefs, strengths, motivations, needs, envies, wishes, aspirations, overpowers, opportunities, will become aware of them through the coaching process, they were previously hidden, and they will become known to the client.
- The second level of revelation lies where the client becomes aware that he can go further, and further again, the never-ending process of personal development is then revealed to the client, when he becomes conscious that from good you can become great and even greater.
- If there was a third one to add, I would say that it occurs when rises the awareness that his happiness, that being his true-one-self is in his own hands and that the field of possibilities is unlimited.
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. Carl Jung
Where the relation between you and your coach is built up. When you discover each other, set the basis of your relationship, define the space, discuss the subjects.
Meeting Ethical guidelines and Professional Standards
Establishing the Coaching agreement
Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the client
Explore the actual situation, determine the real coaching issue(s) and expand awareness of the situation.
What are your values, believes, strengths, perception, motivations, limitations?
Active listening, Creating awareness, Powerful questioning, Curiosity
Visualize the desired “state” – what does it looks like? – what does success look like? – what does what you want looks like? – what do you want, desire, dream of?
Articulate the vision of success in this scenario & explore multiple alternative paths before prioritizing methods of achieving the vision –
Identify what are the challenges and blockages that may be getting in the way of your aspirations and affecting the likely hood of achieving them?
How can you address these so that you can move forward?
Guidance through powerful questions, about how will my client will reach the objectives, which resources he / she will need, how to use them.
Exploring self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Shifting to empowering perspectives or beliefs. Developing new confidence, ideas, motivations, and focus.
Action plan / Acknowledgement
What are the actions you can take and the structures you can put in place to achieve your aspirations, goals and desires?
Identify the smart steps, objectives to achieve the desired results & determine milestone for follow up & accountability.
Assist in creating a roadmap of steps so we can successfully measure progress
Put the plan into play, holding my client accountable and checking in as his/her support
Planning and goal settings
Live the life you want to live
Live the empowerment state, experiment, be the one you want to be, live the life you want to live, celebrate
Managing progress and accountability
Give yourself permission to free up your potential, no one else will do it for you. David Laroche