A Coaching Model Created by Lara Atallah
(Youth & Life Coach, EGYPT)
Skydiving is a sport in which participants jump from aircraft at altitude. They can perform an assortment of aerial maneuvers before deploying a parachute to slow their descent, allowing them to come gently to rest on the Earth below. People at different levels of physical fitness can participate in skydiving, as long as they are ready for an adrenalin-packed sport which can be both exciting and exhilarating. Skydiving is generally done with a pilot who shares this experience with participants.
- Ground preparation: Activities on ground prior to boarding the aircraft; briefing about skydiving, getting ready with all the necessary gears and explaining the process.
- In-flight: Activities in the aircraft up to and including the exit.
- Dive: Free fall from high altitude, body gradually accelerate to terminal velocity.
- Parachute Control: Activities from parachute opening to landing. Here the speed gets slower and approach the ground.
- Landing: Reaching the ground after enjoying the journey.
My Skydiving coaching model is a challenging, exciting and fun process where both the client and coach embark on a journey of self- discovery where client dives in his highest potential, extends his limits and capitalize on his strengths and capabilities to reach his goals while enjoying the experience.
We jump in the future to witness change and embrace the magic that happens at that stage.
Skydiving Coaching Model Steps
1. Ground Preparation
At that stage coach establishes trust with client by starting to build rapport and set the foundation of confidentiality and safe space to talk. Take him through his welcome pack to set the expectations from both sides and from the coaching process. Client sets his objectives and where he wants to reach and how fast he wants to get there.
Some Goals questions are:
Coach : What would you like to achieve in this session?
Client: I would like to feel motivated to work on my book
Coach: What would you like to have happen?
Client: I would like to feel energized to start writing again.
Coach: How will you know when you have arrived there?
Client: I will feel motivated and full of energy to continue what I have started.
Coach: Where will you feel this feeling exactly?
Client: I will feel it in my heart and Chest.