A Coaching Model Created by Jenia Al Sbagh
(Business Coach, JORDAN)
People will forget what you said, people will forget what You did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.- Maya Angelou
The map of my model can help and support the client to understand the process of the session.
I called my model “the journey” because I believe that when I start the session with my client I take them to a journey from a current situation to another situation, and I will be able to let her/him move forward in order to support the client in achieving their goal. Moreover, it will help them making right decisions or solutions by themselves when we work on their own agenda and goals.
I figured out that the lock model is the best model to represent the achievements of the client. It will open during the journey, while the clients are achieving their goals.
The client should determine their goal or desire and what he wants to achieve. The Coach and the client must focus on the goal in order to accomplish it.
- What is your expectation from this coaching session?
- What’s the purpose you aspire to achieve from this coaching session?
Focus on present:
The client has to be aware in this step of their current situation and where he/she wants to go, the client has to focus on their dilemma and to challenge the obstacles that they will face.
Building trust between the client and the coach is very important, because trust makes the coaching process easier, and the client will feel more comfortable to be open with their coach. Furthermore, the coach has to let them feel that the client is in a safe place. The coach must make sure that the client knows that anything they say is confidential and stays in the session.
The coach supports the client to achieve their goal by clarifying their value and belief. They have to collaborate to let the client understand himself and determine their weaknesses and strengths and work on them.
- What is the most important thing in your life?
- What are your challenges in life?
- What are your top values?
- How much is this value important to you?
The Powerful questions are so helpful for the clients because it makes them discover themselves even more and look at the bigger image of things and in different perspective.
The coach support the client in order to move forward and take a real step for transformation; the coach can also work on it by encouraging them to start taking new steps and determine the action steps and put a plan to accomplish these steps.
- What are your actions for the next sessions?
- What have you accomplished since the last session?
- What are the obstacles you are facing and you want to discuss?
- What has stopped you to achieve your goal?
- How did you know that you’ve achieved your goal?
Some tools for the client after determining their issue;
- Ask them to see some people around to support them.
- Let him /her use pages online such as face-book, to read daily quotes that will motivate them and keep them optimistic.
- Daily Journaling and daily count for their blessings.