A Coaching Model Created by Jacqueline Pittman Bassett
(Life Coach, UNITED STATES)
- Form partnership to get people where they are to where they dream.
- Assess current situation/state.
- Set expectations and process to be undertaken.
- Designing the future
- Time Frame for desired results
- Creative brainstorming – setting and developing
- Barriers – limiting beliefs/sabotage patterns
- Next steps – move into action
- Interest, Goal, Reality, Options, Will
- Act &Improve
Results of ABC Model
The Process As easy as learning your ABC’s
Coach and Client
Hold each other Accountable – Set a plan of action for the goal that is important for the client. Though active “listening” move onto the next stage of setting boundaries and decide on the direction or desired result.
As a result of setting healthy Boundaries (designing the future) we set a time frame for the desired result. This is accomplished through creative brainstorming – setting and developing goals. Healthy discussion of limited beliefs and sabotage patterns. This is where COMMITment comes into play.
The next stage is moving into action and creating Consistency. We will review for sustainability, etc. and the process starts all over again.
The ABC Model also represents that when all this is happening the end result is i GROW & achieve Appreciation, Balance & Clarity.
Tools used in the Process
- Powerful Listening
- Powerful Questions
- Using exercises, power tools and assessments (such as values, beliefs, strengths)
- Priorities clarification, visualizations, challenging thoughts
- Behavorial assessments(leading from your strengths, strengths finder)
- Brainstorming, creativity and action plan development
- Structures, accountability, encouragement, acknowledgement
- 4 Quadrants of Time Management
- Time Killers Worksheet
- Compliments Worksheet
- Goals Board/Vision Board
- Energy Check Up Worksheet
- Life Satisfaction Scorecard
- 360 Feedback Assessment
- Tolerations Worksheet
- Letting Go Worksheet
- Self Care Checklist
- SWOT Analsyis Workseet
- Stop, Start, Change, Continue
- Reflection Sheet
- Getting to Know You
- Past/Pleasures Worksheet