A Coaching Model Created by Hemanth Achaya
(Executive Coaching, INDIA)
This brings to the fore several questions:
- Is such a pursuit sustainable ?
- Is a state of constant happiness possible?
- And finally, is it a worthwhile aim?
- Instead of pursuing Happiness, could other alternatives?
- Could the pursuit of our Goals be done without attaching ‘Happiness’ as a reward to attaining them and ‘sadness’ as an outcome for failing to attain them?
The Harmony Coaching Model incorporates the key Coaching processes using HARMONY as a mnemonic
Consider a beautiful piece of music.
How often do we appreciate that the music is meaningless without the silence between the notes?
Music without the silences would be deafening! It would be constant noise!
Happiness without interludes of sadness or disappointment would be equally torturous
There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year’s course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. Carl Jung
Best represented by the sine wave, with its graceful undulations
The Harmony Model encompasses the key ICA Competencies and is synchronized with the GROW Model
If you want to make beautiful music, you must play the black and the white notes together.