A Coaching Model Created by Hanna Kero
(Mindfulness Coach, FINLAND)
Mindfulness Based Approach To Coaching
Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment by moment ~Jon Kabat-Zinn ~
- What might happen if you made a heartfelt commitment to live with more mindfulness? In other words, to break away from life on auto-pilot and experience the fullness and uniqueness of each moment?
- What if you were no longer attached to your old limiting beliefs, underlying assumptions and negative automatic thoughts? And what if you'd begin to take action on what is truly important to you?
- Are you ready to transform your life from the inside out?
Mindfulness is the miracle by which we master and restore ourselves. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~
Benefits of Mindfulness based coaching:
- Deeper connection with yourself, others and the world around you
- Ability to live in the moment, not on an autopilot
- Improvements in both mental and physical health
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels
- Being able to connect with your Wise Self and Emotional intelligence
- Regaining your sense of purpose
- Greater acceptance of your moment to moment experiences
- Supports many attitudes that contribute to a satisfied life
- Easier to notice and savor the pleasures in life as they occur
- Time and energy spent worrying and preoccupied with concerns about past mistakes, future success or failure, limiting thoughts about yourself and your possibilities etc. diminishes dramatically
- More focus on "being" rather than "doing"
- More compassion and forgiveness to yourself and others
- Better able to respond instead of react
- Ability to adopt a sense of clarity and centeredness
- Being free from detrimental judgments
- Understanding the difference between your thoughts & emotions and yourself
- Increased appreciation of Life
- Being fully present in yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually
- Being less upset by and less reactive to unpleasant experiences
- Greater capability to deal with adverse events and uncertainty; ability remain connected to your sense of safety and groundedness in times of difficulty
- Stability and groundedness in who you are and in your life
- Ability to contribute in a deeper level to the greater good of other people and the planet
The only journey worth taking is the journey within~ Yeats ~
My approach to coaching:
1 phase: Building a foundation
- First, we begin by getting a holistic picture of where you are at in your life right now.
- We go in depth into what you envision your future to be like; what inspires you, what makes you feel alive, expansive, free & empowered, what is really important to you, what are your core values and what you really carea bout.
- Next, we'll talk about what is not working for you: The aim is to get crystal clear of all the things that are not serving or supporting you anymore. I will support you in releasing aspects of your life that are holding you back so you fully move on towards living Your Life Purpose.
- Finally, we'll explore the concept of Beginner's mind and how you can approach the coaching journey - your personal transformation journey- and your life as a whole by relying on your direct experience instead of beliefs or expectations.
2 phase: Releasing the blockages around your authentic self
Themes in the 2nd phase of the coaching process are:
- You are not who you *think* you are: making the difference between your ego and your Authentic Self.
- Reconnecting with your Authentic Self. You will understand that you are naturally whole, creative and resourceful, so you need nothing from the outside to make you (feel) complete.
- Releasing the blockages around your Authentic Self with the help of powerful daily mindfulness practices and other exercises.
- Learning to trust yourself to be guided by your Authentic Self and releasing the need to control the events of your life.
3 phase: Taking steady action steps towards transforming your life from the inside out
Themes in the 3rd phase of the coaching process are:
- Using your vision of your Authentic Self, Life and Purpose to create a roadmap from where you are now to who and where you want be in the future.
- Tapping into your innate potential to create sustainable, lasting change.
- Building a new foundation for your inner and outer life by bringing mindfulness into your life in simple, practical ways.
- Putting into practice all that you have learned: Taking systematic and concrete steps towards your vision.
During the coaching process...
- I'll offer you tools to enable you to become your own personal coach and to meet the challenges and opportunities in your daily life from a place of non-judgment, sense of calm, compassion, authenticity and trust in yourself.
- When needed, I will gently guide you back from any distractions that are seducing you away from the path of your Envisioned Future. Throughout the coaching journey, I will support you in finding connection with your Authentic Self and using your Inner Wisdom as a guiding light on your path.
- We'll focus on preparing the ground in the present moment to create the life you aspire to.
- In between each session, you are invited to do a few activities at home which will help you cultivate present moment awareness, become more resourceful & creative and to build positive new habits.
- I'll offer you personalized resource recommendations such as books, articles, videos, podcasts etc. that'll foster your learning.
Remember… The quality of your inner life is in direct contact with the quality of your external life!
Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness~ George Santayana~