A Coaching Model Created by Hanna Kero
(Mindfulness Coach, FINLAND)
Mindfulness Based Approach To Coaching
Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment by moment ~Jon Kabat-Zinn ~
- What might happen if you made a heartfelt commitment to live with more mindfulness? In other words, to break away from life on auto-pilot and experience the fullness and uniqueness of each moment?
- What if you were no longer attached to your old limiting beliefs, underlying assumptions and negative automatic thoughts? And what if you'd begin to take action on what is truly important to you?
- Are you ready to transform your life from the inside out?
Mindfulness is the miracle by which we master and restore ourselves. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~
Benefits of Mindfulness based coaching:
- Deeper connection with yourself, others and the world around you
- Ability to live in the moment, not on an autopilot
- Improvements in both mental and physical health
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels
- Being able to connect with your Wise Self and Emotional intelligence
- Regaining your sense of purpose
- Greater acceptance of your moment to moment experiences
- Supports many attitudes that contribute to a satisfied life
- Easier to notice and savor the pleasures in life as they occur
- Time and energy spent worrying and preoccupied with concerns about past mistakes, future success or failure, limiting thoughts about yourself and your possibilities etc. diminishes dramatically
- More focus on "being" rather than "doing"
- More compassion and forgiveness to yourself and others
- Better able to respond instead of react
- Ability to adopt a sense of clarity and centeredness
- Being free from detrimental judgments
- Understanding the difference between your thoughts & emotions and yourself
- Increased appreciation of Life
- Being fully present in yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually
- Being less upset by and less reactive to unpleasant experiences
- Greater capability to deal with adverse events and uncertainty; ability remain connected to your sense of safety and groundedness in times of difficulty
- Stability and groundedness in who you are and in your life
- Ability to contribute in a deeper level to the greater good of other people and the planet
The only journey worth taking is the journey within~ Yeats ~
My approach to coaching:
1 phase: Building a foundation
3 phase: Taking steady action steps towards transforming your life from the inside out
Themes in the 3rd phase of the coaching process are:
Remember… The quality of your inner life is in direct contact with the quality of your external life!
Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness~ George Santayana~