A Coaching Power Tool created by Halli Bourne
(Spiritual Coaching, UNITED STATES)
True Self Actualization Coaching© is an innovative method of self-mastery for designing a fulfilling, purpose-driven life. True Self Actualization Coaching© accesses the wisdom set forth in yogic philosophy, a system of self-awareness that reaches far beyond exercise and ordinary living.
What does it mean to have ‘self-mastery’ and how does it create an extraordinary life?
- Yogic philosophy speaks of a metaphoric sleep we are lulled into by daily reality, evidenced by limited and unexamined constructs of who we think we are. When these constructs are out of alignment with our True Self, meaning, joy and energy can elude us. Awakening from this sleep invites a life of possibility and vibrancy even when life is challenging.
- The eloquent philosophy of yoga offers tools of movement and stillness, conscious breathing and self-awareness to connect with the Truth of who you are. Central to these is the practice of witness consciousness, a method of withdrawing from emotional reactivity and ego identification to investigate your self-concepts intelligently. Objective self-inquiry reveals the distinction between who you think you are and who you actually are.
- As you see yourself more clearly, you will develop the courage to reach for what is meaningful in your life. The more you understand what motivates your action or inaction, the more possible it becomes to move beyond the limitations of your thinking. New strategies and effective action can be applied to stimulate your awakened life.
- Self-mastery is achieved through expanding your consciousness and acting with intention from your central core of Truth. At the heart of the True Self Actualization Coaching© process is investigation and self-reflection. Through questioning your assumptions and your responses, you expose where you may have limited yourself and the possibility for a life lived from your most essential being blooms.
...when the purified mind becomes equal in purity with the Transcendental Self, then absolute freedom arises. Patanjali, Yoga Sutras, III, 56
The Custom Self-Actualization Process
- Define your goal – In order to create a life of meaning, identifying what that life looks like to you will help you see it clearly. As long as your goals remain ambiguous, so will your sense of achievement. This is an ongoing discovery process for moving forward in a systematic way and mapping effective strategies toward meaningful accomplishment.
- Uncover your motivation – Sometimes your goals cannot be realized because your reasons for them remain unexamined. Once you understand the motivation behind your goals, you can take suitable action to reach them. This process may reveal that alternate goals are more in line with your personal philosophies and values. As you grow in self-knowledge, elusive success and frustrated efforts can be resolved. This step in the process introduces a level of flexibility toward approaching your goals.
- Strategize for change – Each strategy you employ in your life produces particular results, sometimes unwanted ones. In order to transform an ordinary life into an extraordinary one, default strategies are assessed for their efficacy and more current strategies are chosen to produce more desirable results.
- Implement your strategy – In an atmosphere of support and progressive query, you determine explicit and reasonable goals and decide upon the level of accountability that will keep you on track. This step is the follow-through of your stated goals and invites you to access strength and wisdom you already possess.
- Recognize & dissolve obstacles – As action is taken, fears and doubts can arise. This step serves to cultivate awareness around what is imagined and what is actual. Exploring underlying beliefs and outmoded self-concepts give voice to the True Self and clarify the path to your extraordinary life.
- Acknowledge progress – Sometimes progress is swift and generates energy in the ongoing desire for change. At other times, change seems slow in comparison and energy dwindles. This aspect of the coaching process relates to accurately recognizing the growth you have achieved while maintaining the positivity and self-discipline required when difficulties arise. Remaining focused on your progress while investigating what difficulties have to teach you, you remain motivated and energized for designing the life your Truest Self yearns for.