A Coaching Model By Marsha Gordon, Executive Coach, UNITED STATES
GET CLEAR GET FREE GET GOING
- Are you an emerging leader wanting to move up the ladder all while having the most impact possible?
- Are you a seasoned leader looking for a way to leverage your skills, networks, and experiences for the “greater good”?
- Are you an executive wondering what your end-game is?
- Are you longing for more?
If this describes you, then you are not alone!
GET CLEAR GET FREE GET GOING
This coaching model helps those, just like you, who are seeking the answers to these questions. Bob Buford and Peter Drucker initially presented this proven approach. They realized that many high-capacity leaders lived in the space of incredible success yet were left with a longing for more.
- What would it mean for you to live your life in the center of your purpose?
- What if you were able to approach the next step in life with undeniable intentionality?
- What would it mean to be crystal clear about your next move?
- What would it feel like to be standing and living in the center of your purpose?
- What if you could go from “what’s next” to “what’s possible”?
Discovering the answers to these questions is both a HEAD and HEART journey where you can get GET CLEAR on who you are, GET FREE from what is holding you back so that you can GET GOING to your most exciting and satisfying life.
What if the Best Is Yet to Come?
As an Executive Coach with the Halftime Institute, I have the privilege of working with high-capacity leaders who have experienced all the success in the world but, even still, realize they want something more. They have what Bob Buford called “smoldering discontent”.
Often these leaders have been so focused on”what is” that they have not had the capacity to dream of “what’s possible”. They want to make the next phase of their life the most meaningful ever but aren’t sure how to make it happen. They want to wake up eager to “get at it” where their work is energy-giving and fun. They want to live a life “fully alive”.
As someone who was incredibly achievement-driven and career-focused, I put these goals above almost everything else in my life. I had a lot of responsibility, a great team, a great network of people, and an inspiring career. My work was energy-giving, and, for the most part, I was able to work in my sweet spot. I often say that I had a fantastic job…until it wasn’t.
After transitioning into a new role, I found myself waking up at 3 am staring at the ceiling, thinking “there has to be more”. It was a mantra that kept creeping into my thought patterns as I found my once energy-driven career become energy-draining. I had what the Halftime Institute calls “smoldering discontent”.
Through the coaching process, I discovered my own desire to help high-capacity leaders find their sweet spot where they were not only incredibly impactful but happy in their role and direction, many of whom have gone on to make an incredible impact on their world. How cool is that?
Now I am totally in my place of purpose and couldn’t be happier. I work with executives and leaders at all stages of life both in the US and around the globe. I am an executive coach with The Halftime Institute who has developed and continues to refine processes that really work and the stories that have come out of both this organization as well as my personal practice have been inspiring and incredibly meaningful.
I also followed my passions and work with leaders in Rwanda who are transforming their country and their continent which was not even on my radar before putting this coaching model into practice.
It was as if everything I had studied and accomplished, combined with all of my networks and passions, created the perfect portfolio of opportunities that provide me more joy than I can express while putting me in a place of maximum impact.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your passions?
- What meaning can you draw from your life that can provide the clues you need to explore your next move?
- What do you value?
- What would your perfect life look like?
These are all questions that must be answered in a purposeful way. By carefully exploring these criteria for your life, you can build a solid foundation on which to safely and clearly explore your options.
Getting clear about who you are is both a JOURNEY and a PROCESS. It is all about intentionality. It is all about DIGGING DEEP to discover your strengths, values, and passions, and identify all of the life experiences that direct you towards your next step.
What is holding you back from following a dream?
The second part of the journey is getting free from all those things that are standing in our way of moving forward. Whatever is holding us back can be explored, understood, and cleared out. Only by getting free from these obstacles will you have room to dream and consider your future.
- What if you stayed in your current role but with a new perspective?
- What if you moved into a new role that best meets your trajectory for growth and impact?
- What if you started something new that sparks energy and interests that leverages all of your skills and experiences?
- What if you joined something totally new and meaningful?
This systematic approach will ensure you explore all of your options to find the one that best meets your goals and dreams.