A Coaching Model Created by Erin Perry
(Health & Wellness Coach, UNITED STATES)
Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them. -Nelson Mandela
- Affirm- to state as a fact; assert strongly and publicly. To declare. To offer emotional support or encouragement. I love this word in regard to coaching. Affirm your goals. Declare what it is that you want and go after it. And, as a coach, I affirm to provide emotional support and encouragement to my clients.
- Acknowledge. The first step is to acknowledge. Maybe something is missing, maybe you have a goal you’ve wanted to accomplish for a long time and just need some support around it, or, maybe you want to go from Good to Great! Then, you decide to make a change.
- Focus and clarify. To make a change, you must become clear on what it is you want. You can’t hit a target or reach a goal if you don’t know what the goal is. Many people say that their goal is to be happy, but, what does that mean? Take the time to become clear on what you want so you have a goal to work towards.
- Figure out what is stopping you. What is keeping you from getting what you say you want? Or, where do you go from here to reach that goal, to become better? Through active listening and powerful questions I will explore with the client their underlying beliefs so we can work through them.
- Identify strengths and set intentions. I will help the client identify their strengths so we can build on them. I will help them see that the power to succeed is already within them. We will set intentions and work towards a desired outcome.
- Remain positive. There will be bumps in the road. Keeping a positive state of mind will help immensely. I will invite them to practice Gratitude. To be grateful for where they are right now and for what they currently do have. I will help the client reframe their perspectives so they can positively and confidently work towards their goals. I will help them see they can turn their negatives into positives by choosing to look at things differently. I will help them visualize and hold the image of accomplishing their goals in their minds. What does it look like? What does it feel like? I will help them obtain a clear picture so they can manifest it into their life.
- Monitor progress. Celebrate wins. Re-assess as needed. As we grow and change our goals may also evolve and change. We will always fine tune who we are and what we want. I will help the client celebrate how far they’ve come and show them that each step they take is a step closer to their goals and worth celebrating!
The 3 C’s in life:
Choice, Chance, Change.
You must make the Choice,To take a Chance,If you want anything in life to Change.