A Coaching Model Created by Elaina Carpino
(Executive Coach, UNITED STATES)
How might change be a healthy part of your life?
Imagine you are a leader who serves your team powerfully, embraces uncertainty, and changes as if it is simply a part of your everyday life. You have an insatiable curiosity always seeking to understand and continuously learn to grow yourself and your team. And, you consistently break through barriers guided by your values and leadership behaviors.
A Change is Heart Work, my philosophy to catalyzing heart-led leaders is based on three tenets:
1) Speak your truth to lead authentically and courageously. Leaders are increasingly looking for ways to live out their purpose at home and work. Let your aspiration be your true north.
2) Define your leadership behaviors to live by each day. Like DNA, leadership behaviors are unique to you. Allow your values to be the lens by which you act and behave consistently.
3) Serve your team in a way to create powerful connections. Putting others’ needs before your own defines heart-led leaders. Create powerful connections with those you serve to unleash their limitless potential.
Who I Help
Whether you are a Senior Executive of a small to a mid-size firm, a mid-level leader who manages up, across, and down, or an emerging people leader, I work intimately with you using a blended, bespoke approach to coaching.
You are the expert in your domain and a unique people leader. I am here to help turn your innate leadership strengths and passions into an amazing work culture so that you realize your fullest potential.
My approach is practical and personalized for you, the client.
Change begins and ends with people, which is why my methodology is grounded in coaching and leadership development where the client is the expert. My role as a leadership and strategy coach is to catalyze and activate your change transformation.
The H.E.A.R.T. Work Model guides leaders like you through your personal change transformation. Like a heartbeat, you will establish a rhythm of consistent behaviors that allow you to realize your goals and overall aspiration.
Though the model is consistent across all client engagements, every relationship reflects your unique personalities and goals.
Expect our collaboration to be enlightening, interactive, and visual. This isn’t a workshop theater. These methods will improve your decision making and performance long after our official work together ends.
The H.E.A.R.T. Work Coaching Model
How can I help be your catalyst for change?
My premise is to always start with a question. The beauty of coaching is that you, the client, are the expert of your domain. By staying curious and engaged in your best interest, I create a space of possibility to help you envision your greatest aspiration.
Whether you are facing a challenge with your team, growing at scale, need to make a big decision, develop a strategy, commercialize a new offering, or recently transitioned to a new position, I will work with you to help you transform yourself and realize your new leadership behaviors.
Opening questions for our conversations may look like this:
- What is prompting you to make a change?
- How do you define your change transformation?
- Where do you desire our coaching to take you?
What do you aspire to be?
When we explore together, I am seeking the future aspiration you wish to realize. That may be to become a CEO of a large Fortune 500 company, implement a strategy that increases profitability, commercialize a new product offering that you are leading, or transition into a new leadership role. And, we will uncover what might be holding you back from achieving that envisioned future. Helping you realize your dreams and aspirations while unlocking the potential within you is at the heart of my approach.
Questions at this stage might be:
- What is important about this for you now?
- What might be holding you back from your aspiration?
- How will you know when you achieved your aspiration?
- What is possible about this for you?
- What does success look like for you when you achieved your aspiration?
What is your plan of action?
Once we understand your goals and what might be holding you back, we can then start to create a plan of action that is unique for you. This is where the magic happens in your change transformation. By simply creating steps that are realistic and tangible, you will be one step closer toward your goal.
Through the action plan you create, you will identify the triggers, whether emotional or mental, that impede your progress and design new habits to overcome them. By changing the way you think and behave, you will create a new set of habits which then become the behaviors and values by which you live.
Questions we may ask are:
- What is one step you can take today?
- What steps can you take to make this real for you?
- How soon can you start?
- What impact will this plan have on you?
- How will this action plan serve you and your aspiration?
- What might get in the way of realizing your change transformation plan?
- What values are important for you to live by in this action plan?
How will you realize these leadership behaviors?
In the realization phase, you are putting your action plan into practice. It is by doing that you will change your habits to instill your desired leadership behaviors. And, recognize that change is hard. It takes commitment, practice, learning from failure, and determination. You will set forth a routine that works for you and celebrate the wins when you demonstrate leadership consistency in how you think, act, and behave.
Example questions in this phase are:
- How will you hold yourself accountable to your plan of action?
- What does your daily routine now look like?
- What are you constantly learning about yourself?
- How will you celebrate success in your commitment?
- What might get in the way of committing to your action plan?
How will you transform yourself?
Change is hard. You must have the fortitude, right attitude, and desire to change. You are now ready to do the “heart work,” always. When you stay true to yourself and your commitments, your aspiration will be realized and amazing things will happen for you. And, it comes from within you – no one can do this transformation for you. Yet, you must have the humility to ask for help and support to truly transform. What my approach will give you is a way that you can commit and live out your transformation every day.
Questions you can expect:
- What does it feel like to live your transformation?
- What behaviors have you changed for the better?
- What learnings about yourself will you take forward in your life?
- How will you consistently live out your purpose/aspirations?
- How will you instill a constant yearning to improve and stay curious?
- How will you embrace change and uncertainty moving forward?