The next step is Awareness.
As your coach I will ask powerful questions to raise your awareness, when you first become aware of a situation or a problem, you may react with fear or anxiety. Awareness is the first step towards positive change and growth. It’s the first step toward the future. Awareness is how life gets our attention and prepares us for change.
Questions to raise awareness:
- Can I make an honest list of my assets?
- What do I have to be grateful for in my life today?
- Do I know where others end and I begin?
- Do I accept unacceptable behavior?
Then comes Acceptance.
Acceptance is the magic that makes our present circumstances good. It brings peace and contentment and opens the door to growth, change and moving forward. It shines the light of positive energy on all that we are.
- Am I willing to take a personal daily inventory of my actions in order to see my progress and accept where I am?
- Can I accept that this is an inner change that is needed and if others are the problem there is no solution?
- Can I see that the more secure I feel the more risk I take?
In order to move forward what are the goals the client needs to attain in order to effect positive change.
- Direct communication: helps the client state their needs and wants clearly.
- Setting boundaries: empowers the client in letting others know what is acceptable or not to them. Healthy boundaries can protect us they can be flexible and changeable unlike walls that are rigid.
- Learning to negotiate conflict: helps the client to move forward as their fear of conflict prevents them from saying what they are thinking or feeling. Not speaking our truth inevitably leads to resentments.
- Keep the focus on yourself. We can focus on others in order not to look at what may be going on with us. We are only able to change ourselves.
The end result would be freedom to be oneself, to speak one’s truth to feel a new confidence to pursue one’s dreams and to feel fulfilled.
Ten important Traveling companions to take with you on the journey to your dreams:
- Confidence: for when things get tough, when you’re overwhelmed when you think of giving up
- Patience: with your own trials and temptations and with others.
- An adjustable attitude: one that doesn’t react, but responds with well-thought-out actions and feelings
- Beauty: within yourself, in your surroundings, and in nature
- Excitement: new things to enjoy and learn and experience
- Fun: laughter and smiles any way you can get them
- Companionship: people to share your happiness and sorrows your troubles and joys
- Health: mental, physical and emotional
- Peace: with others, yourself, and in your environment
- Love: pure, unconditional, and eternal
Pages: 1 2