A Coaching Model Created by Claudia Purpura
(Career Coach, FRANCE)
One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
My coaching model
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential (ICF definition)
In a coaching relationship you have the Coach and the Client connecting physically or virtually at a specific time and place.
I see the coaching relationship as a journey initiated and led by the client in the company of the coach of his/her choice.
The Coaching Positioning System (CPS)
The client chooses the CPS according to their criteria (model, cost, user-friendliness, reviews, etc.)
- Each client is unique with its own ‘longitude’ and ‘latitude’.
- As a map is not the territory, the client’s map is just a partial representation of him/her.
- The coach zoom-in or zoom-out in the client’s map to allow the client to have different views of his/her map.
- As with Google maps, the coach can place the client -avatar on the map to see how it would really look like.
- Every coaching experience is a unique, safe, and judgement-free space.
Step 1: Connecting…
Step 2: Setting the direction…
On the road there may be obstacles such as traffic or simply the client may want to deviate slightly from the final destination.
In any case the utility of the CPS is that it allows for a review of the itinerary or the destination; changing the pace or the criteria for re-calculating a new path.
Sometime though it may be that the road taken is not updated in the map. The client may think that a deviation is needed. However, the coach can re-position the client on the map using different satellites or update the maps.