A Coaching Model Created by Cheng Hong Siang
(Career Coach, SINGAPORE)
Green signifies life by celebrating achievements and positive experiences before moving on towards a chosen future.
- To help client take stock of favourable and unfavourable factors related to his/her current job situation, and to distinguish between facts (to craft the path ahead) and emotions (to be left behind as baggage).
- To help client decide on his/her career direction and goals.
Blue represents emotions, values and beliefs as part of the 90% sub-conscious portion of the iceberg analogy of the human brain.
- To help client recognise his/her underlying beliefs and relative importance among variables such as work, money, family, friends, religion etc that may have a bearing on career decisions due to conflicting demands.
- To help client acknowledge and visualise his/her capabilities, experience and passion.
Yellow presents optimism and hope, building on past experiences and moving forward through planned and deliberate actions.
- To help client explore possibilities of and need for skills training or upgrading, job application strategies and networking.
- To help client plan and implement specific series of steps to achieve career direction and goals.
The centre of the Model represents “人” which is the Chinese character for “person”. It is a client-centric approach to career coaching, focusing on his/her values, strengths, interests and aspirations. The objective is for the client to find encouragement, optimism and momentum so as to achieve progress towards his/her career goals.