A Coaching Model created by Carmen Philippe-Welton
(Career and Spirituality Life Coaching, CANADA)
- This model honours the integrity of the person as spiritual beings who creatively hold abundant qualities and inherent gifts ready to be unveiled, enacted and celebrated in the world.
- Clients hold capacities to learn, to change their perspective, to generate alternative visions to their current reality through inner wisdom, to craft new goals and to freely choose actions that create an energized, balanced life aligned with their values and beliefs. As a result, clients live out a newly discovered way-of-being in the world that supports their full flourishing in life.
- No matter how old or young clients are or from where they call themselves at home within spheres of life – whether it is in making a living, living life, or expressing themselves, be it personal or professional realms, everyone is welcome from within a spirit of cultural and spiritual diversity.
- It’s a client-centered, non-judgemental and future oriented cyclical process
- As a coach, I’ll enthusiastically accompany clients through their transformative journey without any hidden agenda
- I’ll manage the coaching process in an intuitive, responsible manner that supports clients to ever deeper levels of clarity. I’ll listen carefully, offer powerful questions, acknowledge, validate and affirm. I’ll support clients into a deeper level of awareness of what they truly believe and value in life, by making space for them to peer into an expanded perspective beyond perceived limitations, and by uncovering options into a future of their own choosing regardless of cultural dynamic, age or stage of life along their spiritual journey. Such a journey will generate renewed vitality.
- This will clarify clouded perspectives, and generate energy to freely choose goals and craft affirming structures that meet their goals for an authentic grace-filled life.
- I’ll genuinely savour and celebrate clients’ successes.
- As a timeless and living entity, this model can be used as a cyclical and reflective process whenever a client yearns for a flourishing life of grace and gratitude. It can be enacted and re-enacted whenever even the slightest dissonance between values, beliefs and lived experiences emerge. Clients can enter or re-engage the model at any stage and at any time.
- As an intuitive, creative process, this model invites clients into a way of being in the world that supports their full flourishing in life in ways that live out their gifts openly. It results in a grateful, grace-filled life.
Stage 1 – Notices an Out of Balance Reality
You have noticed something is not right. Something is missing in your life. Maybe you lack a connection with others, Nature, or the Divine or feel a lack of universal energy. You may be feeling trapped or stuck or unclear about a particular situation in your personal life. Maybe it’s an unhappy, unsatisfying work life. Maybe it’s not being able to spend time with your favourite people, play the sports you love or enjoy your artistic crafts and hobbies. Uncomfortable with where your energies are going, you feel the need for a change. You recognize a need for a new way of being.
Stage 2 – Seeks Greater Awareness through Discovery
What do you really care about? Through a non-judgmental Discovery Visual Insight Activity (Please see Coaching Tool: Attuned vs. Fantasy), you can explore, clarify and deepen your awareness of underlying treasured values and beliefs. This activity paradoxically liberates you to envision freely without depending on words. In this way, you will begin to free yourself from perceived constraints and begin to transform your future into a balanced reality. Recognizing this opportunity for change generates optimism, renewed energy, hope and sparks enthusiasm for the next phase: Creates New Goals Freely.
Stage 3 – Creates New Goals Freely
Having discovered what truly matters in your life; your courageous heart chooses goals in alignment with treasured values and beliefs. This leads to a new sense of autonomy. It fosters letting go of those elements that no longer fit right and generates lively openness to change. You’ve now opened yourself to new learning that propels you into your envisioned future.
Stage 4 – Moves Forward through Empowered Action
This new energy catalyzes you into action. It affirms your courage to live out of a place of newness in your life. As you learn new ways of being-doing-and-thinking, you’ll craft the structures and supports necessary to keep you on your chosen path.
Stage 5 – Celebrates Fruitful Outcomes
It may be subtle or dramatic. You notice yourself filled with joyful contentment and an overall sense of well-being. You’re flourishing in ways you had never before experienced. From a place of inner harmony and equilibrium, you now live out your vision of the ‘good life’, grateful for the gifts you can openly share with people, nature and the Divine. You’re now living a life of grace and gratitude.
Figure 1 illustrates the cycle of engagement for clients that is informed by their own core values and beliefs. The ribbon between each sphere represents a forward moving flow between each stage of the Model and how each stage can be entered into separate from, yet related to the other stages