1. Create a Partnership
2. Articulate the Goal
In clear and meaningful words to You, let’s discuss what Your ultimate goal will look like.
- what do you hope to achieve through coaching?
- what is your goal?
- where are you currently on your journey to reach your goal?
- what does achieving your goal look like? Describe it.
- what is the vision of your ﬁnal success?
3. Action & Redaction
Let’s begin to get creative in how you can actualize your goal. We can begin to use tools like brainstorming and visualizing to begin tapping into your inventiveness and imagination and put all ideas on the table. Anything is possible. Nothing is off limits. Some ideas to get the juices ﬂowing: pictures that bring up ideas, quotes that speak to your vision, role models who have gone on before, music that encourages your spirit to dance. Now that we have exhausted our imagination (for now):
- is there anything missing? i.e. dates to be aware of, input of friends or family, books, websites, meeting notes that help to inform you.
- do you have anything else you would like to add?
- are these ideas truly doable and feasible?
I encourage you to edit your list, put ideas in an order that feels good to you, remove
items that you don’t own, reword things so they might speak to you & your passion.
- what idea do you want to try ﬁrst?
- is there any idea that you think will succeed?
- what ideas on your list begin to stir your passion & excitement.
4. Choose, Commit & Carryout
This coaching relationship is about You and realizing Your goals and vision. Embrace it. Be ready and willing to take the next step toward your goal. But also know that you do not need to have every aspect of this journey planned out. It is more than enough to take one step forward and then consider and choose the next step on the journey. And I am more than honored to assist you on your journey.
5. Positive Re-enforcement
One of the greatest cheerleaders you can ever have in your corner is You. Take on that role and celebrate all the hard work you have done to reach your goal. Celebrate your achievement in taking one step forward. The success that you have achieved is your own creation.