Digging more about – the knowhow – the client’s strengths, abilities, knowledge, experience. She accepted herself of being capable to keep a whole journalistic office, that she had an experience about professional public relations so useful for a small or a big company, an integrated articulate coming from her radio and TV broadcast and a very good knowledge of advertising texts. Also she found that because her job was over her head for the most days of her life, she put aside her personal needs and relations. She couldn’t find time for another language that she really wanted to learn and because of her low income and full-full time job, she didn’t have time to travel to foreign countries as she wanted.
- What are your qualifications that gave you your current job?
- What other people, from different backgrounds, acknowledge you for?
- If you had the money needed, what would you do different in a professional and personal level?
Close your eyes and travel all around the world. You return back in the same place after five years, fully successful in what you wanted to achieve…. What do you see and how does this feel?
Can you give me more details about it?
This procedure show to Maria, how her personal and colleagues’ environment commended her for her good manner and supportive character . So it was simple now to affirm her positive skills and acknowledge herself for what she had succeeded until now. Reframing what others told about her skills and how her strengths build her profile, helped in bringing her confidence on a better level and feeling more aware of her capabilities.
- In which of the positive comments others had acknowledge you for, do you agree? - - What do you think they have seen, to comment you for those you don't agree with? There was her "ah-ha" moment!
This affirmations bring her to a point to demand for action by herself. Her thoro question was? ” And now what can i do to move on?” She designed her action steps one after another, regarding to her values, her strengths and what she wanted to achieve in a certain amount of time. There were times with brainstorming and times that she were stuck. There i continually asked her” What else could you do in this case? What other options do you have? Can you consider of what a person that you admire could do in a situation like that?” , until she became to a brainstorming state again. The most challenging was to keep herself accountable to her development plan – actions. She engaged herself in keeping a journal and write down what was her deadline for every action, and what energized her to progress effectively. She committed to bring this journal in every session of ours and read to me what she had accomplished so far.
- When are you going to call to that acquaintance of yours, to inform him that you’re looking for a job?
- What could prevent you from doing the actions you have designed?
- Do you believe that your action steps are realistic?
- Those that you aren’t sure they’re going to be achievable, how can you differentiate them, in fitting them in your commitment zone?
- What would you gain if you won’t be accountable to your action plan?
Reviewing the successful steps that she had accomplished after almost every session, she established a higher level of confidence, she clarified what was really important for her and reevaluate the ways i could be a more effective coach for her in her growing and changing process
- What where the values that kept you accountable to this procedure?
- What do you think was the most important step, that made the shift in your perspective of the situation?
- How could you describe better, by visioning, your next working relationship?
- What do you want to be their core values?
- – How could i be a better help for you in our next session?