How to Become a Coach
- Investigate. Research information concerning becoming a coach. Research the coaching industry, what kind of coach you want to be (what niche you want to practice in) and what kind of qualifications you need.
- Take a career quiz. The world-wide-web is loaded with tons of free information on careers. Search the web for free online career assessments. Such assessments can help you align your career goals and aspirations.
- Network. Look for opportunities to join groups that focus on your coaching niche area. Become a part of the community you would like to support as a coach, for example, if you want to be a parent coach, join a parenting forum.
- Talk with another coach. If you know someone who is a coach, send an email, letter or make telephone contact and let them know you are interested in what they do and would like to learn more. OR attend one of our free information calls.
- Consider shadowing a coach for the day. Contact a coach in your area of interest, ask to spend a workday with them to experience first hand “A Day In the Life of an Executive Coach”.
- Take Action. Register for an ICF Certified Coach Training Program. If you are seriously interested in the coaching profession, GET STARTED – TAKE ACTION. Register today with a coach training school, accredited with the International Coaching Federation.