The Top Ten Ways to Create More Luck in Your Life
Luck is more a matter of choice than chance. What you think about luck is what will bring you luck. We actually can create luck by believing that we are lucky. We also need to become aware of how lucky we already are and notice the luck that happens to us everyday.
1. Believe you are lucky whatever you believe is true. If you think you are lucky, you are right and if you think you are not lucky, you are right again. To become luckier, start believing that you are.
2. Re-frame what luck means to you. We often limit luck to the concept of winning something, but luck is so much more. To realize how lucky we are, we merely need to start noticing all the luck that is already happening to us.
3. Luck isn’t always about getting something. Sometimes luck is about not getting something or something not happening. When I lost my corporate job, I didn’t think I was lucky; but if it had not been for being laid off, I would have never started my own business. Losing my job was one of the luckiest things that ever happened to me.
4. Help create luck for others. Nothing will create luck in our lives like creating it for others. Do random acts of kindness whenever you can and create luck in someone else’s life. By creating luck for others, you begin to create a cycle where luck will come back to you.
5. We must be ready and willing to take advantage of the lucky events that happen to us. When luck comes knocking, answer the door. Sometimes fear can stop us from taking advantage of the luck that comes our way. Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you from taking advantage of the luck that comes to you.
6. Know that you are worthy. Sometimes, people will shun luck because they have a core belief that they don’t deserve it. You deserve all the good luck that comes your way. Embrace it and be grateful for it. The more you appreciate the luck that comes your way the more luck will come into your life.
7. Luck is when opportunity meets preparedness. If you are not ready, you cannot take advantage of lucky opportunities. Be ready to seize the break that comes your way.
8. No one else is responsible for your luck. Only you can create your own luck. Take responsibility for the choices you make. If you don’t have enough luck, change your choices.
9. Maintain a positive attitude. Attitude is everything and it will determine how lucky you are. If you have a positive attitude, then you will be luckier. If you have a lousy attitude, luck will not be as abundant.
10. Notice the lucky things that happen in your life. Being aware of the lucky things that happen to you each day helps to expand your luck. Notice how lucky you were to get a parking space close to the building. Notice how you got the last jelly-filled donut. Luck happens all the time. We just need to take the time to be aware.
~ Rachelle Disbennet Lee