To say ‘this is a confidential space for our coaching’ is akin to saying ‘trust me’. You need to do more than that…
How many times have you heard a coach say “I just want you to know this is a confidential space”? You may even say this yourselves at the beginning of a session. And fair enough too – we DO want our clients to feel safe, and to know that they can share their deepest fears and desires without them ever being repeated anywhere else. The thing is though, just SAYING it is not enough. The words themselves do not create the “safe space”, you do!
How Are Ethics Created?
You, the coach, create this security through everything you do and say with your client. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The way you structure your coaching business
- How you manage your emails
- What you include in your contract
- How you manage conflict of interest
- How you collect and store client data
- How you evaluate and collect feedback
JOIN OUR LIVE CALL
Join our Community as we discuss the importance of ethics in coaching and find out what you need to include in your coaching business to makew sure you comply with the ICF Ethics policy.
Date: Monday 16th July 2018
Time: 9pm New York
Hosts: Robyn Logan (CEO) and Merci Miglino (MCC)
Register Here for the Zoom link and call details
* If you are an ICA Student, you can count this class towards your overall attendance by substituting it for a Coaching Lab
* If you are an ICA Graduate, we’ll send you a certificate for one (1) Core Competency CCE
* If you are considering Coach Training with ICA, then you can count this class towards any program completion (meaning you already have one class completed when you enrol).