A Coaching Power Tool Created by Anne Delannet
(Life Coach, THE NETHERLANDS)
How to create the shift to move from the space of FEAR to the space of TRUST and create a path of lightness to your dreams:
Who never said, thought once:
What’s wrong with me? Is it me?
The uncomfortable feeling of being stucked and to be so frightened of what might happened that limits people from expressing their full and unique potential…
…Then How to move my client from FEAR to TRUST?
By using that power tool, the strategy of the coach is:
To bring back a good & positive energy (lightness & confidence), the awareness of what’s really important right now that serve the client in a good manner: what are the things that give energy, wellness, excitement and push the client to get out of the negative space, to enhance or transform focus and to enjoy the present time in order to be able to move forward and create sustainable improvement in life…
YOU & Me
Create a Trust zone in order to bring a clear and secure space for the client:
- Non judgmental space;
- Presence & active listening are core competencies to install a good collaboration between the coach and the client.
Trust from both sides is an essential starting point!
The shift: Connect with YOUR strengths and how to use them to succeed
What is a strength? (according Gallup definition)
A strength is the ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance in a specific activity. The key to building a strength is to identify your dominant talents, then complement them by acquiring knowledge and skills pertinent to the activity.
What happened when we connect with our strengths?
We become stronger, better, more creative, happier, more confident, peaceful, and are able to step out of our comfort zone….
Create the emergence of AWARENESS/CLARITY
about SELF LOVE, INNER KNOWING
- What ideas/experiences have had the greatest influence on you?
- What are you great at? What are your best talents or natural abilities?
- What are at least 5 of your key strengths? How about 3 weaknesses?
- What’s been the most meaningful to you in your life?
about AMAZING EXPERIENCES through POSITIVE EXPLORATIONS:
- Mastery experience-pic point & Identification/ Expression of core values aligned with your goal
- Challenge client to create generative conditions-activate creativity
- 3 wishes: “let the magic happen”
Explore the FEELINGS linked to those experience with a focus on the good things that stimulate a new way of thinking:
- What gives you more energy from others?
- What energy do you bring from others to your behavior?
- I am curious, look at the places you gain energy from…tell me
Support client to name things he is GOOD AT and support him to get the CONNECTION with:
- What are the things where you contribute, people say..”Wow!
- Can you bring more of that?”
- What are you able to do in that situation?
- How can you do that?
Support client to LEAN ON STRENGTHS and to understand how to use his strengths:
- What is your next step now? (after having identify strengths)
YOU & Others
Connect your strengths &/weaknesses² with others
Yes indeed also your weaknesses!
Here is the space for improvement: that means that knowing your weaknesses and managing them can be very useful!
Human being is complementary:
everybody knows something, and nobody knows everything (Dusty Baker)
- What can I bring to others and what can they bring to me…(solution oriented/Win Win perspective)
- reinforce the process of confidence & accountability
Strengths Finder assessment (Gallup center)
Email at least 5 people: friends, relatives, family…anyone trustful and kind:
1-What is a strong, positive and true image other people have from you?(Spontaneously)
2-What are your biggest talents from their point of view?