A Coaching Model Created by Razan Zeidal-Kilani
(Transformational Coach, CANADA)
Description of The WISDOM Model
- Obstacles/ challenges resemble the clouds covering sunlight, which brightens our client’s path ahead.
- When the sun is shining brightly in the sky away from the clouds, client’s path seems clear and more manageable to be walked on; and the destination (client’s goals) appears plain clear ahead.
- As the client sees the path and their goals clearly, client generally starts feelingmore optimistic and motivated about making a move toward their goals, as theyknow where they are going and how to get there.
- When client achieves clarity, they can align with their internal wisdom; client hasclearer ideas of the steps needed to be made on the path of achieving their goals. Such clarity of vision allows also freedom of choice.
- Celebration of achieving one’s goals resembles dancing under the sun enjoying itswarmth, the happiness resulting from achieving one’s objectives.
W –WH Questions
The Cloudy Phase
Client feels constantly drained of energy, like a rainy cloud and due to cold temperatures.
Client’s vision is unclear, their mood is not settled and their path ahead seems difficult.
This is the phase where the coach asks the discovery questions, like:
- What seems to be the problem?
- Where can we see it & How can we change it for the better?
- Why would you like to change it?
- How can we maintain the good change?
I – Identification with Oneself
Finding The Sun behind the Clouds
Here, coach and client attempt to find the sun behind the clouds, self and one’s wishes obscured behind the obstacles.
Coach’s focus surrounds:
What do you want to achieve in your life?