A Coaching Model Created by Marichelle Ciniglio
(Transformational Coach, UNITED STATES)
This coaching model is especially helpful for clients who are have difficulty landing ideas, materializing actions, and making positive changes in their lives. The very nature of the model is that it all seems out of reach especially when we are in our head/mind all the time thinking on the past, the future, of what we still need to accomplish, and what she should have done; when in all reality we have all the answers through grounding ourselves.
I believe that the space created between the coach and the client is sacred, therefore as a coach, I enter into a space where the ground like a stage is laid with 5 cornerstones, and in the middle is where the client is with his/her feet firmly on the ground. This space serves as a platform for Grounding and Actioning and the five corners serve as facilitators. Grounding and Actioning is the stage or platform in which the client performs the different processes (cornerstones) and where the client acts out (measurable and tangible actions) the intention in the real world.
Life is a journey and we have the power to move from deep self-awareness to tangible actions.
The cornerstones do not go in any particular order because they are always available tools.
- True Intention. This is the part of the process that grounds the purpose of the session and the coaching. Once there is a CLEAR vision and/or goal for the session/coaching then a FIRM intention can be created. This action will set feet firmly on the ground to begin.
- Mind Reality Check. This is the part of the process that allows the client to express the current situation. By verbalizing the problem/event/situation/obstacle, the client is able to face the reality living in the mind getting in ouch with the actual feelings. This is the part were the client can take responsibility for feelings and actions.
- Self-Awareness. This is the moment that the client becomes aware of the situation in the here and now. With feet firmly on the ground addresses the situation from a new viewpoint, becoming conscious of the actual reality versus the perceived reality. This stage is essential to come in contact with beliefs that are serving us in our purpose and beliefs that are no longer serving us. In this stage, the intention becomes the new reality.
- Grounded Reality. Once the intention becomes the new reality where self-awareness of one’s strengths and potential is now real and ready to jump into action. The client is in the here and now, without judgments, and limiting beliefs.
- Acknowledgment. This is the stage where the client becomes aware of his/her accomplishments and how far he/she has gotten. The accomplishments are viewed and added to the vision of the present: as strength and as a sign of growth.
This model is available at any stage of your quest for self-actualization because the client determined haw deep into consciousness he/she would like to get.
The coach uses a set of tools to help the client to accomplish his/her true intentions:
- Active Listening
- Non-judgmental questioning
- Acting as a sounding board