A Coaching Model created by Iris Hainstock
(Retirement, Re-Career & Life Transition Coaching, CANADA)
The visual above symbolizes a person’s life journey and a crossroads they may encounter, where they realize that it’s time for something more or different in life. Perhaps it’s a life changing event like a new career, children leaving home, down-sizing a home, retirement, or divorce? Maybe your life-long dream has been nearly within reach for a very long time and you would like support to achieve it NOW? Maybe you want more balance between your home and work lives? Maybe you just want more out of life?
Life Coaching encompasses you as a whole person; whether your goals and dreams are professional or personal. Your success at work carries forward to your personal life successes and vice versa. I have had many changes in my life; some I created and some that were put in my path. I have studied change and the behavioral reactions to change and know that whether it’s a desired or undesired change, there are opportunities for success and happiness with either.
Using my 3 step “Life Journey Coaching Model”, together we will help you reach your maximum potential; achieve real growth; build pride and self-esteem; build a framework to not only sustain your goals, but achieve others in your future. Have a look!
We will explore your unique goal(s) and vision. Exploring your goal(s) will include a self-discovery step delving into your strengths, values, current situation, dreams, obstacles, and underlying beliefs. This will help bring clarity to your goal(s) and your desired outcome.
It’s time for action. I like to call it “generative action”, because the momentum to carry us forward on this journey will come from our collaborative strategies, planning, and structure for success. I like to leave a lot of room for you to be creative in your journey; use your strengths, reflect, find what makes your heart sing, or what gives you a “buzz”. At this stage we are having open dialogue and proceeding as partners; you leading the way and me by your side as “Watson” to your “Sherlock Holmes”. I’ll be there to guide, provide accountability, gently remind, provide reality checks, cheer and celebrate, or empathize and nudge at any low points. In the Life Coaching Journey, as in life itself, there can be leaps and bounds as well as lulls, setbacks, or complete change of goals, as life puts things in our path. You can count on me to be there by your side supporting you.
We are in the home stretch to realizing your desired outcome. You have achieved the majority or ALL of your milestones. You have reflected on where you came from and how much you have achieved. We have celebrated along the way leading up to this grand finale, and the greatest of celebrations. Together we have developed a framework to sustain your success and help you with any future goals, as you continue life with a new perspective and the experience of success!
This model also reflects me as a coach. People who know me say that I am positive, non judgmental, trusting, fun and yet take them seriously. That I have a talent to look for the best in people; draw on their strengths and successes; appreciate what is valuable and currently working, and together shift to a more positive perspective. I like to keep things simple in a complex world.
As your coach:
- I will create a trusting positive space for us to work toward what is most important to you.
- You can rely on me to be fully engaged, intently listening and suspending any judgement.
- I’ll ask powerful questions and listen for your powerful answers, for not only what you are saying, but also what you aren’t.
- We’ll proceed using appreciative inquiry; totally respecting your points of view, values, perspectives and philosophies.
- Using a reframing technique, we’ll explore to see if these perspectives are still serving a purpose for you.
- I will use strategic thinking to ensure all the pieces are explored, and then brought together in a step-by-step plan, of your own making, with clear milestones that add value to your experience and growth.
- All the while I will keep things simple, manageable, balanced and fun! One must always include fun!